|Data Source Type:||Web Accessible Resource|
Asana API KeyBasic HTTP Authentication
|API Documentation:||Asana API Documentation|
Creating a data source using Asana
To create a data source using Asana, you need to accomplish four tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Craft a query and enter it into Klipfolio
- Find your API Key
- Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Asana account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Asana, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
Copy and paste your completed query URL from Asana into Klipfolio.
Step 3: Find your API key
You can get your API key by logging into Asana, visiting the Account Settings dialog and clicking on the Apps tab. The API key is located at the bottom of this dialog.
Step 4: Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Once you have completed your query:
- At Data Format, select JSON.
- At Method, select GET or POST.
- In the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu, under Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication.
- At Username, enter your API Key
- At Password, leave the password blank
- Select Get Resource.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, click Continue.