REPEAT( value, times )
REPEAT takes a single value provided and returns a column containing as many copies of the value as specified.
How to use the REPEAT function
The REPEAT function is used to specify a value that you want to duplicate in your data source and to specify how many times to repeat that value. The REPEAT function is useful if you want to show a specific value in your Klip multiple times, even if it only appears once (or not at all) in your data source.
To use the REPEAT function
- Select a component from the Component Tree (Column, Primary Value, etc).
- Click the Start Formula link in the formula editor.
- Click the Insert Function button on the formula editing toolbar.
- Select Data Manipulation>REPEAT from the Function's menu.
- Click the value link in the REPEAT function.
- Select a value or use the free text option to insert a value.
- Click the times link in the REPEAT function.
- Click the Insert literal string or number button on the formula editing toolbar.
- Type a value to specify how many times to repeat the value.
- Click the Apply button.
The value is repeated as many times as you specified.
Examples of the REPEAT function
The REPEAT function is useful for creating multiple instances of a single value. The values created by REPEAT function can be used in a number of ways, such as populating a column of data in a Table Klip. The following examples show different ways you can use a REPEAT function.
Using the REPEAT and ARRAY functions to create a column of values
By using the ARRAY and REPEAT functions, you can create a column of values for use in a Table Klip. The ARRAY allows you to insert multiple instances of the REPEAT function, while the REPEAT function allows you to specify how many times each value appears in your Klip. This is useful for creating row headers in a Table Klip.