|Data Source Type:||Web Accessible Resource|
|API Documentation||Yahoo Finance CSV API Documentation|
|Klip Gallery||Save time and add pre-built Klips with the Klip Gallery! See Klip Gallery: Yahoo Finance.|
Creating a data source using Yahoo Finance
To create a data source using Yahoo Finance, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Craft a Yahoo Finance query.
- Complete the data source creation process.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Yahoo Finance, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Craft a Yahoo Finance Query.
To build a Yahoo Finance query, you will need to include quote properties in your query. If you are interested in historical data, you will also need to enter correct date formatting as instructed by Yahoo Finance. Use the following Yahoo Finance API links for reference:
- Yahoo Finance CSV API Docs
- Yahoo Finance Historical Quotes API Docs (includes date formatting)
- Yahoo Finance quote properties
Refer to the links above to learn more about crafting a query. Here are a few example queries to help you get started:
For Yahoo Finance - NASDAQ
This example query uses Yahoo Finance quote properties:
For Yahoo Finance - 30 Day Stock History
This example query uses Yahoo Finance date formatting:
Step 3: Complete the data source creation process
- Once you have entered your query, at Data Format, select CSV.
- At Method, select GET.
- After entering your query and authenticating, click Get Resource.
- If you are happy with the data provided, click Continue.
- Save and name your data source.