|Connector Type||Web Accessible Resource|
|Authentication||Basic HTTP Authentication|
|API Documentation||Harvest API documentation
Harvest Time Tracking API documentation
Creating a data source using Harvest
To create a data source using Harvest, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Authenticate with Harvest
- Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio Dashboard
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Harvest, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Set up your Data Source
In this example, we will use JSON as our data format. However, you also have the option to use XML. XML format uses a very similar structure to the JSON format.
At URL, enter the a query, for example,
- At Data Format, select JSON.
- At Method, select GET.
- Select Query Parameters. The following is required for all Harvest queries:
- At Parameters, under Name, enter Content-Type.
- Under Value, enter application/json.
- Under Type, select Header.
Step 3: Craft the query and enter it in Klipfolio Dashboard
Refer to the Harvest API Documentation as you are crafting a query. This is what a typical Harvest API query looks like in Klipfolio Dashboard, however, you can also build your own query:
Step 4: Authenticate with Harvest
You can authenticate using Basic HTTP authentication (your Harvest login credentials).
- Click the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, or Basic) link.
- Select Basic HTTP from the drop-down list.
- At Username enter your Harvest username.
- At Password enter your Harvest password.