To set up a Scheduled Email Report for a Klip or Dashboard that contains variables, you will need to take an extra step. This is typically because it has a User Input Control component. You will provide the value of the variable you want to display in your Klip.
Note: If you do not provide the value of the variable, when you send the email report it will contain a blank Klip or dashboard.
Setting up your scheduled email report for Klips with variables
- Select the Klip that you want to schedule as an email report.
- Select the Gear Icon at the top right corner of the Klip.
- Select Share.
- Select Email Klip.
- In the dialog box, click set up or manage an existing recurring scheduled email.
- Click Set up an Email Report.
- At Parameters, click Variable(s). You are asked for the Current Value for each of your variables. Follow the steps below to find your Current Value(s).
Finding the Current Value for your variable
- In a new tab of your web browser open your Klipfolio account.
- Navigate to the Klip with User Input Controls that you want to schedule as an email report.
- Click the Gear Icon at the top right corner of the Klip.
- Select Edit Klip.
- In the Klip Editor, navigate to the Component Tree on the left-hand side of your screen.
- In the Component Tree, under Drop-Down List, select Values.
- Select the Data panel.
On the Data Panel, click the Evaluate Button to see the Current Values for each row in your drop-down list.
- From Evaluation Results list, highlight a value and copy it.
Using your Current Value in your scheduled emailed report
- Navigate to your first Klipfolio tab.
- Under Current Value, paste the Current Value in the text box.
- Select Finished.
- Complete the Scheduled Email Report setup process.
You can now send a Scheduled Email Report of a Klip or Dashboard that contains variables.