|Web Accessible Resource||Web Accessible Resource|
|Sample News Feed:||
|Sample RSS URL:||
Create a new data source using an RSS news feed
To create a data source using an RSS news feed, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a new data source
- Retrieve your RSS news feed URL
- Create your RSS feed in Klipfolio
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using an RSS news feed, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Retrieve your RSS news feed URL
To retrieve your RSS News Feed URL
- Navigate to your news feed.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select RSS. If RSS is not at the bottom of the page, run the name of the feed (for example, Google News) through your search browser, together with RSS. The RSS link, or information that will lead you to the RSS link, should appear. Select it.
- Once you have selected RSS, a page of code will appear. Copy the URL of that page, and paste it into the URL field in the New Data Source page in Klipfolio.
Here are a few sample RSS URLS to get you started:
CBC World News
BBC World News
Step 3: Create your RSS news feed in Klipfolio
Now that you have pasted your RSS URL into Klipfolio:
- At Data Format, select XML from the drop-down menu.
- At Method, select GET from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Get Resource button.
- Save, name, and select an appropriate refresh rate for your data source.
- On the About this Data Source page, select Build a Klip with this Data Source