|Data Source Type:||Web Accessible Resource|
|Authentication:||Basic HTTP Authentication
JIRA Username and Password
All tickets changed from 'in progress' to 'resolved' by JSmith
|API Documentation:||JIRA API Documentation|
Create a new data source using JIRA
To create a data source using JIRA, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
- Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using JIRA, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
JIRA offers a variety of query options. Refer to the JIRA API Documentation to find out more. You can use JQL JIRA query language when crafting your queries.
Here are several sample queries to get you started:
All tickets changed from'in progress' to 'resolved' by JSmith
https://jira.domainname.com/rest/api/2/search?jql=(project = PWC AND status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "Resolved" BY jsmith)
All issues assigned to John Smith in project PWC
https://jira.domainname.com/rest/api/2/search?jql=(project = PWC AND assignee = jsmith)
All cases changed from Phase 1 (in progress) to Ready for Phase 2 within last 24 hours
https://jira.domainname.com/rest/api/2/search?jql=(status CHANGED FROM "In Progress (Phase 1)" TO "Ready for Phase 2" before now() after "-24h" )
Step 3: Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Now that you have crafted your query:
- At Data Format, select JSON from the drop-down list.
- At Method, select GET.
- Select the Query Parameters drop-down menu.
- At Name, type maxResults.
- At Value, enter 0.
- At Type, select Query from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Authentication drop-down menu.
- At Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication.
- At Username and Password, enter your JIRA username and password.
- Select Get Resource.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, select Continue.