|Data Source Type:||Web Accessible Resource|
|Authentication:||Basic HTTP Authentication|
|Sample Query:||For Stripe Charges:
|API Documentation:||API Key|
Create a new data source using Stripe
To create a data source using Stripe, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process using Stripe
- Find your Stripe Live Secret Key
- Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
- Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Step 1: Start the data source creation process using Stripe
To create a data source using Stripe, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
Stripe offers a wide variety of queries. Refer to the API Docs for more options.
Here is a sample query to get you started:For Stripe charges:
This example limits the number of responses to 1000.
Step 3: Complete the data source creation process
Now that you have crafted your query:
- At Data Format, select JSON from the drop-down list.
- At Method, select GET.
- At Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication from the drop down menu.
- At Username, enter your Stripe Live Secret Key.
- Leave Password blank.
- Select Get Resource.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, select Continue.
Find your Stripe Live Secret Key
- To find your Stripe Secret Key, login to your Stripe account.
- In Stripe, select Your Account.
- Select Account Settings from the drop down menu.
Select API Keys.
Note: If you do not see your API Keys, this means that you have either Read & Write or Read Only access, and are not an administrator for the account. You will need to get in touch with the administrator of your account for the API Keys, or request that they make you an administrator in the account's team settings.
- In Stripe, copy your Live Secret Key and paste it into Klipfolio.
Note: If your Stripe account is in test mode, then use your Test Secret Key instead.
- Continue the steps above.