|Data Source Type||Xero|
|Authentication||OAuth Token Authentication|
|API Documentation||Xero API documentation|
Creating a data source using Xero
To create a data source using Xero, you need to accomplish three tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Xero.
- Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
In Klipfolio, create a web accessible resource:
- Go to the Library and select the Data Sources tab.
- Click Create a New Data Source and select the Xero connector. The New Data Source screen displays and asks you to sign in to Xero.
Step 2: Authenticate with Xero
During the authentication process in Klipfolio, you are asked to authenticate with Xero.
- Click Sign in to Xero. The Xero authorization screen will appear.
- In the Xero Authorise Application screen, click Authorise. The Save your OAuth Credentials screen will appear.
- In Klipfolio, Save your OAuth Credentials. The Xero query screen will appear.
Step 3: Craft the query and enter it in Klipfolio
Refer to the Xero API documentation for a list of APIs, endpoints and parameters. Xero returns data in JSON or XML format. For more information on working with JSON and XML, see About JSON and XML data sources.
|NOTE In Klipfolio, Xero API queries use the base URL,
On the Configure your Xero query screen:
- In the URL field, type the API query (see examples below)
- If required, set Query Parameters.
- Click Submit to generate your data source.
- If you are satisfied with the results, click Continue and then you can share the data source with others in your organization.
|NOTE When retrieving a filtered set of resources, the value assigned to the "where" parameter must be URL-encoded. For example, the URL-encoded form of ?where=Date>=DateTime(2015,01,01) is ?where=Date%3E%3DDateTime(2015,01,01).|
To retrieve a profit and loss report for a specified date range
To retrieve all accounts
To retrieve all invoices with Status = AUTHORISED
To retrieve all payments between a specified date range
To retrieve all invoices for a specified contactID
To list all files
Query Parameters set as follows:
- Name = accept
- Value = application/xml
- Type = Header
Now that you have your data, here are some ideas on how to use it:
Did you have trouble with the material in this article?
These articles may help: