|Data Source Type|
|API Documentation||Facebook Marketing API documentation|
|Klip Gallery|| Save time and add pre-built Klips with the Klip Gallery!
Klip Gallery: Facebook Ads.
Creating a data source using Facebook Ads
To create a data source using Facebook Ads, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with Facebook Ads.
- Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To start the data source creation process, Create a new Data Source with the Facebook connector in Klipfolio Dashboard.
Step 2: Authenticate with Facebook Ads
- At Sign in using, choose your current Facebook token from the dropdown list, or create a new token by clicking Sign In to Facebook.
- If prompted, enter your name and password and click Log in.
- Save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Craft the query and enter it in Klipfolio
Refer to the Facebook Marketing API Documentation as you are crafting a query. There are many query options available in the Facebook Ads API documentation, however, here are some sample queries to get you started:
Demographic Clicks and Impressions (Last Month)
Find your Facebook Ads Account ID
It is important to include your Facebook Ads Account ID in your query. To find your Facebook Ads Account ID, navigate to your Facebook Ads Manager page.
There are two places where you can find your Facebook Ads Account ID:
In the URL, copy the number after account_id=
You might manage more than one Facebook Ads account. Click the button with your account name on it. In the dropdown menu, copy the number beside your chosen Facebook Ads account:
Add new Facebook Ads users
To retrieve data from Facebook ads, you will need access to your company's Facebook Ads account. If you do not have access, follow these steps to add a new user:
- In the Facebook Ads manager page, on the left side menu, select Settings.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to Ad Account Roles.
Click Add a person.
- You have added a new user to your Facebook Ads account.