|Data Source Type||iFormbuilder|
|API Documentation||iFormBuilder API documentation|
Creating a data source using iFormBuilder
To create a data source using iFormBuilder, you need to accomplish three tasks:
- Start the data source creation process.
- Authenticate with iFormBuilder.
- Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio.
- Complete the data source creation process.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To start the data source creation process, Create a new Data Source with the iFormBuilder connector in Klipfolio.
Step 2: Authenticate with iFormBuilder
During the authentication process in Klipfolio, you are asked for your iFormbuilder Server Name and then you are asked to authenticate.
- To find your Server Name, open a new tab and log into your iFormBuilder account.
- In iFormBuilder, copy your Server Name from the URL in the address bar (see image below).
- In Klipfolio, paste your Server Name in the space provided and click Next.
- Click Sign In to iFormBuilder.
- Enter your username and password and click Log in.
- You now have an OAuth token that looks like this: George @ iFormBuilder. Click Save.
Note: To learn more about OAuth tokens, see Managing OAuth Tokens.
Step 3: Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio
You are now ready to craft a query in Klipfolio. As you are crafting your query, refer to the iFormbuilder API Documentation.
There are many endpoints and parameters you can add to your query by referencing iFormBuilder's API documentation. Here are some sample queries to get you started:
For a list of profiles
For a list of pages in a profile
For a list of records in a page
Find your Server Name, Profile ID and Page ID
To find your Server Name, Profile ID and Page ID,
- Open your iFormBuilder account in a new tab.
To find your Server Name (1),
- Navigate to the address bar. Copy your Server Name from the URL (see the image below) and paste it into your query.
To find your Profile ID (2),
- Your Profile ID is in this format: Profile [your-profile-id]. Copy the Profile number and paste it into the query.
To find your Page ID (3),
- Ensure that you are on the Data tab where there is a list of forms.
- The column ID, contains the Page ID of each form. Choose an ID number and paste it into the query.
By default, iFormBuilder returns up to 100 records. To increase this limit, Contact iFormBuilder's Help Center.
Step 4: Complete the data source creation process
Now that you have crafted your query, configure the following settings (see screenshot below):
- At Method, select GET (or POST).
- Select Get Resource.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, select Continue.