|Data Source Type||Web Accessible Resource|
|API Documentation||Basecamp API documentation|
Save time and add pre-built Klips with the Klip Gallery!Klip Gallery: Basecamp
Creating a data source using Basecamp
To create a data source using Basecamp, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Authenticate with Basecamp using an OAuth Token
- Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Basecamp, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Authenticate with Basecamp
- Click the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, or Basic) link.
- Select the OAuth Credentials option.
- Click the Create button.
- Select Basecamp from the list of OAuth service providers.
- Enter your name and password when prompted.
- Click the Grant Access button.
- Save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Craft the query and enter it in Klipfolio
Refer to the Basecamp API Docs as you are crafting a query. To begin, you will need your Account ID and Project ID to compete your query.
To find your Account ID and Project ID,
- Log in to your Basecamp account.
In Basecamp, navigate to the URL at the top of the page and copy the Account ID:
In Basecamp, select a project. Navigate to the URL and copy the Project ID:
- Use your Project and Account IDs in your Basecamp query.
Here are a few sample queries to get you started. Be sure to write queries that reflect what you have in your Basecamp account.
For a list of projects
For a list of all people with access to a project
Topics refer to anything in Basecamp that can have comments: