|Data Source Type:||Salesforce|
|Additional Resources:||Use these resource to get started with SOQL:
|Date ranges:||Date formats and date literals|
|Account:||Ensure API access is enabled in your Salesforce account.|
|Klip Gallery||Save time and add pre-built Klips with the Klip Gallery
Klip Gallery: Salesforce.
Creating a data source using Salesforce
To create a data source using Salesforce data, you need to accomplish 3 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Authenticate with Salesforce using an OAuth Token
- Enter the query into Klipfolio
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Salesforce account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click on the Library link.
- Select the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Create a New Data Source button.
- Select the Salesforce option.
Step 2: Authenticate with Salesforce
- Click the Sign In to Salesforce link.
- Enter your name and password when prompted.
- Click the Grant Access button.
- Save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Retrieve your data from Salesforce
You have multiple options for retrieving data from Salesforce.
- Choose a report from the list and retrieve data in a CSV or JSON format,
- Enter a SOQL query and retrieve data in JSON format.
Option 1: Choose a report
The Salesforce reports option allows you to access all of the reports you’ve built in Salesforce.
You are able to access each type of report available in Salesforce: tabular, matrix and summary.
- Use the second drop-down menu to choose to retrieve data in CSV or JSON format.
- Choose a report from the list.
- Click Select Report.
- Scroll down to see your data.
- Verify that this is the data you want and click Continue.
- Name and describe your data source.
- Determine the refresh rate of your data source.
- Click Save.
Note: The Detailed CSV Data option returns a maximum of 2000 rows.
Not getting enough data? See Troubleshooting Salesforce CSV reports.
Option 2: Enter your SOQL Query
- At query type, select SOQL.
- Enter your SOQL query into the text field in Klipfolio.
- Click the Submit button.
For help with crafting a SOQL query, check out the following resources:
You can use the following queries to retrieve data from your Salesforce account.
|Leads last "N" days||
|Bookings Past 90 Days||
Learn MoreNow that you have your data, here are some ideas on how to use it:
More Data Sources...
- How do I use Facebook as my data source?
- How do I use Twitter as my data source?
- How do I use Google Analytics as my data source?
Did you have trouble with the material in this article?
These articles may help: