|Overview||The 2-step authentication method is used to securely connect to web accessible data sources.
This method involves two steps:
|Username||Credentials that identify your account|
|Password||Verifies the authenticity of the account|
|Parameters||For parameters, enter a Name, a Value, and select a Type - Query, Header or Cookie.|
|Auth URL||This URL generates the authentication token or session key that allows you to access the API. This URL may require you to include username and password parameters. For example:
|Token Path||This a regular expression that allows Klipfolio to retrieve the authentication or session key from the response received via the Auth URL. For example:
|Logout URL||This is used if the resource features a lockout for having too many sessions open.|
Step-by-step: Using a Web Accessible Resource
To create a data source using a web accessible resource, you need to accomplish three tasks:
- Start the data source creation process in Klipfolio.
- Craft a request URL using developer documentation provided by your service provider.
- Enter the request URL in Klipfolio.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click the Library link.
- Select the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Create a New Data Source button.
- Select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Craft an API query
Begin by going to the web accessible resource that you would like to retrieve data from.
Some API connection requests are free and open to the public. However, depending on the service provider, you may need to:
- Have an account with the service provider.
- Contact the service provider to grant you API request permissions.
- Contact the service provider to receive an authentication token.
- Pay an API access fee.
Step 3: Enter the Request URL into Klipfolio
In the Web Accessible Resource connector, ensure that you:
- Copy and paste the URL request from the website into Klipfolio.
- Choose the appropriate data format (XML,CSV, Excel, or JSON).
- Expand the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu.
- Under Type, select the option 2 Step Authentication.