Install the latest Google Analytics KlipStart Dashboard
Looking for the Google Analytics KlipStart? Use this link to add it to your dashboard now. If you are already using the Google Analytics KlipStart, please read on to find out how to upgrade to the latest version.
This article discusses the changes to the Google Analytics KlipStart and provides details on how to upgrade your dashboard to this new version:
- New version of Google Analytics KlipStart is available
- The benefits of this new version include improved User metrics calculations and support for more than 1,000 goals
- Upgrade next steps: delete all the assets (dashboard, Klips, DS) and use this link to add the new version
What has changed
A new version of the Google Analytics KlipStart Dashboard is available. This update reflects feedback from customers and partners on the initial version, as well as a revision to the way the User metric is calculated. The original version of the Google Analytics KlipStart Dashboard did not calculate the User count accurately. Instead, the data was retrieved daily which meant that if a user visited the website two days in a row, the aggregate would have counted them twice. The metric should have reflected the unique users for a specified time period.
The new KlipStart points to Users for the Audience Metrics vs. Targets and the Audience Metrics over time Klip. For those Klips, the KlipStart now has discrete data sources to reflect different timeframes and ensure an accurate result is being displayed on the dashboard for User count and trends. For this reason, we recommend deleting the existing Google Analytics KlipStart Dashboard and replacing it with the new one using this link.
Upgrading to the new Google Analytics KlipStart means formulas and data sources for the following Klips have all been updated:
- Sessions by Region
- Audience Metrics vs. Targets
- Mobile Sessions
- Audience Metrics Over Time
- Traffic Sources
We also modified the Klips with Goals to support more than 1,000 goals.
If you have made modifications to your versions of the KlipStart dashboard, we recommend re-implementing those changes with the new KlipStart content to ensure accuracy of User-centric calculations.
Update Next Steps
Remove the initial instance of the Google Analytics KlipStart Dashboard.
NOTE: If the Google Analytics KlipStart assets in your Library end in v2, you already have the most recent Google Analytics KlipStart dashboard and do not need to take any action.
From the Library, delete the following assets:
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics: Users by Region
- Google Analytics: Traffic Sources
- Google Analytics: Website Performance
- Google Analytics: Goals
- Google Analytics: Audience Metrics vs. Targets
- Google Analytics: Welcome
- Google Analytics: Mobile Users
- Google Analytics: Audience Metrics Over Time
- What’s Next
- Google Analytics: Website and Reporting Period
- Data Sources:
- GA: World Region IDs
- GA: Users by Country 365 Days
- GA: Users by Country 180 Days
- GA: Users by Country 90 Days
- GA: Users by Country 7 Days
- GA: Mobile
- GA: Users by Country YTD
- GA: Users by Country 60 Days
- GA: Users by Country 30 Days
- GA: Users by Country Last Month
- GA: Users by Country MTD
- GA: KPIs by Day
- GA: Goals
- GA: Source
- GA: Web Properties List
- GA: Profile IDs
- GA: Goal Names
Once these assets are deleted, use this link to add the updated version of the Google Analytics KlipStart to your dashboard. Then re-apply any modifications you wish to the updated versions of the Klips.