|Data Source Type||Upload file from computer|
|Data Connector||Use wizard to select files from computer.|
|Video||Use Excel spreadsheets as a data source|
|Important||The Financial and Scientific formats are not supported by Klipfolio. If these formats are used, remove the formatting from your Excel file prior to upload. |
Excel software features such as workbook links are not supported.
Data will not upload into Klipfolio if the spreadsheet tab (or workbook) name has a space at the end. Remove any spaces from the end of tab names in your spreadsheet.
Creating a data source using Excel
To create a data source using an Excel file stored on your computer, you need to accomplish 2 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Use the data connector to select the file from your computer
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click on the Library link.
- Select the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Create a New Data Source button.
- Select the Upload a File option.
Step 2: Select the file
- Click the Choose File button.
- Select a file using the explorer window.
- Save and name the data source.
If the spreadsheet has multiple sheets associated with it, you can select a specific sheet in the Klip Editor.
Best practices for naming your Excel spreadsheets
- If there is a space at the end of a spreadsheet name, it will not upload into Klipfolio.
- Once you have successfully connected your spreadsheet with Klipfolio, do not change the sheet name. This way, the data will refresh.