|Data Source Type:||Web Accessible Resource|
Eloqua Username and PasswordBasic HTTP Authentication
|API Documentation:||Oracle Eloqua API Documentation|
Creating a data source using Eloqua
To create a data source using Eloqua, you need to accomplish four tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Craft a query and enter it into Klipfolio
- Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an active Eloqua account.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using Eloqua, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Craft your query and enter it into Klipfolio
Copy and paste your completed query URL from Eloqua into Klipfolio.
Step 3: Authenticate and complete the data source creation process
Once you have completed your query:
- At Data Format, select JSON.
- At Method, select GET or POST.
- In the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu, under Type, select Basic HTTP Authentication.
- At Username, enter your company name and username in the following format: "yourcomany\username" (for example, "acmeconsulting\johnsmith")
- At Password, enter your Eloqua password for the username above.
- Select Get Resource.
- If you are satisfied with the data returned, click Continue.