|Data Source Type:||
|API Documentation:||Google Realtime API Documentation|
|Best practice for Google Sheets||Klipfolio recommends using Google Sheets without pivot tables. Google Sheet pivot tables may not work and are not supported by Klipfolio.|
Create a new data source using Google Drive
To create a data source using Google Drive (includes Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides)d, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Authenticate with Google Drive
- Select and save your file
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To start the data source creation process:
- In Klipfolio, go to Library and select the Data Sources tab.
- Click Create a New Data Source and select Google Drive.
Step 2: Authenticate with Google Drive
To authenticate with Google Drive:
- Click Sign in to Google.
- Click Allow. This will allow Klipfolio access to your Google Drive account.
- (Optional) Select Share Token with other users.
- Click Save to save your OAuth Token credentials.
Step 3: Select and save your file
To select and save your file:
- Navigate through your Google Drive folders (choose either My Files or Shared with me to locate your file).
- Select the file to be uploaded.
- Click Get File. Verify that the correct data is displayed.
- Click Continue.
- Type a Name for the data source and set the Queue for Refresh interval.
- (Optional) Select the groups with whom you wish to share your file, and assign the required sharing rights.
- Click Save.