|Data Source Type||Use Email Attachments as a data source|
|File format supported:||Excel|
Creating a data source using QuickBooks
To create a data source using QuickBooks, you need to accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a custom report.
- Send a report.
- Optional: Schedule a report.
Note: This guide assumes that you already have an existing QuickBooks account.
Step 1: Create a custom report in QuickBooks
- Navigate and log in to the QuickBooks website.
- Select Reports from the QuickBooks sidebar.
- Select either the Recommended or the All Reports link.
- Select a Report Type. For example, Profit and Loss.
- Select the Save Customizations button.
- Type a Name for the custom report.
- Select the OK button.
Step 2: Send the report to Klipfolio
You must send the Excel version of the report to Klipfolio to create a stub file.
Download an Excel version of the report
- In QuickBooks, click the Excel button to download and save the report to your local hard drive.
Start the data source creation process
- Open Klipfolio Dashboard in a new web browser window and click the Library link.
- Select the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Create a New Data Source button.
- Select the Email Attachment option. Take note of the email address that starts with
ds+. You might want to leave this window open so you can receive the emailed report.
Send an email with the Excel attachment
- From your mail account, send the Excel version of the report as an attachment to the
ds+email address created earlier in Klipfolio.
Receive the Excel attachment
- In Klipfolio, click the Check Email Now button.
- When the report arrives, verify the content, and click the Continue button.
- Give the report a name and Save the data source file.
Step 3: Optional: Schedule the report in Quickbooks
- Click Reports from the QuickBooks sidebar.
- Select the My Custom Reports link.
- Click the row with the Report Name so that row is highlighted.
- Click the Edit link.
- Select Set the email schedule for this group checkbox.
- Copy the
ds+email address to the To field and change the plus
+to an underscore
_. For example, ds_
- Click the Edit Schedule button.
- Select an interval and date range to send the report on a regular basis.
- Click the Save button.
Note: Each time the report is uploaded to Klipfolio, the existing report is replaced.
Now that you have your data, here are some ideas on how to use it: