Data sources are important to manipulating and visualizing your data. Keep the following best practices in mind when uploading your data into Klipfolio.
- Ensure the data set is formatted consistently.
- Ensure the date formatting is consistent throughout the data set.
- Ensure all files are UTF-8 compliant.
- Make sure to remove any extra spaces between values.
- Remove any empty trailing rows from the data source file.
- Remove any trailing spaces from Excel worksheet names, otherwise you might not able to select data within the Klip editor.
- If possible, remove any column headers.
- If possible, ensure each record contains the same number of fields.
- If possible, remove any total rows.
- Examine whether there are any nonessential characters in your data that could be removed before you upload the data source file. For example, less than (<) and greater than (>) symbols.
- Determine whether you have any external references like vlook, or hidden rows, or columns, in your data set. Otherwise, you might not be able to upload the data or you might see extra empty rows and columns.
- Determine whether the data for a column is numeric or textual. If there is any non-numeric value in the values for a column, use a text data type. If all values are numeric, use a numeric data type.
- To avoid uploading a large amount of data, consider what information is required to build your Klips. Keep in mind, the maximum file size for any data source type is 10 MB.
Frequently Asked Questions