You must assign a role to every Klipfolio user.
Adding a custom role
Roles specify what actions users can perform in Klipfolio. For example, a View-Only user can only view the dashboard and annotations.
- Click the Users link at the top of the page.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Click the Add a Custom Role button located at the top of the page.
- In the Role Name box, enter a name for the new role.
- Optional: Enter a description describing the new role. For example, View and create Klips.
- Assign permissions by selecting the appropriate check boxes.
A list of current user roles appears including the built-in roles of Admin, Editor, and View-Only.
For a complete description of access permissions, see User roles and access permissions.
Note: The first user account created is automatically assigned administrative rights.
Adding a user to a custom role
- At the Users with this Role section, select a user name and then with the right pointing arrow move the user to the With Role box.
- Optional: To save and add all users at the same time, select the Add All link.
- Click the Save button.
Tip: Use the Find box to quickly locate a user name.
Viewing roles assigned to a user
You can view the roles currently assigned to a user.
- Click the Users link.
- Select the name of the user.
- Click the Memberships link.
Assigning task permissions
The following table lists the role permissions required for a user to perform a specific task.
|Allow a user to send and email Klip and Dashboard reports||Access Library|