What's in this article?
- Learn how to email a Klip to an external email address.
- Learn how to send out automated email reports that contain a snapshot of a Klip to other Klipfolio users.
You can quickly email a Klip to allow others to visualize the data in your Klips.
You can schedule an email to run at a time that is convenient for you. For example, you may want to run a report for your management team at a regular weekly or monthly interval.
You can select from one of two file formats, a pdf file or an image file. The image of a Klip displays in the body of an email.
How to email a Klip
You can email a Klip to an external email address.
- Locate the Klip you want to email.
- On the top right of the dashboard, select the Klip Menu icon.
- Select Share, Email Klip.
- From the Email this Klip window, provide the following information:
- Email address. Tip: Use a semi-colon to send to multiple email addresses.
- Optional: Add a comment for the intended recipient.
- Choose to send as either a PDF or Image file.
- The following additional options are available when sending a Klip as a PDF file.
- Layout format: Portrait or Landscape
Multiple pages (no breaks) - Current layout is maintained whenever possible. Klip content might flow to the next page.
Resize to fit one page, displays a Klip on one page by reducing the font size.
- Check box to include Annotations. Annotations are listed at the end of a report.
- Quality. For a larger file size consider lowering the quality by selecting the Low (better for large images) check box.
- The following additional options are available when sending a Klip as an Image file.
- Width. Use current width (as the Klip appears on the dashboard) or specify a Custom width by specifying the number of pixels.
- Format: PNG (default) or JPG (for a larger image).
- Select a Theme of either Light or Dark.
- Check box to Include the Klip title.
- Click the Send Now button.
Note: The generated output is formatted and includes the Klip name, date and time.
How to schedule an email report for a Klip
You can send a Klip to other Klipfolio users on a regular basis.
- Locate the Klip you want to schedule as an email report.
- On the top right of the Klip, select the Klip Menu icon.
- Select Share, Email Klip.
- From the Email this klip window, click the setup or manage an existing recurring scheduled email link.
- Click the Set up an Email Report link and provide the following information:
- A subject for the report.
- Select the email address of another Klipfolio user.
- Optional: Add a note for the intended recipient.
- Select a format of either PDF or image.
- Optional: To specify a scheduling option, click the Never link, and select a Frequency option:
- Click the Finished and Save buttons.
- Click the Send Now link.
Note: See steps 5 and 6 above for options associated with sending a PDF or image file.
How to manage scheduled email reports
You can view, delete, or send a scheduled email report from the About this Klip page.
- Click on the Library link.
- Select the Klips tab.
- Locate and open the Klip.
- Click the Email Reports link to see a list of currently scheduled email reports.
- Downloading a Klip to your computer
- Emailing a dashboard and all of its Klips
- Embedding a Klip into an HTML page