|Overview:||Use this checklist each time you add a new client.|
|Steps:||1. Add clients in the master account
2. Create Groups in the client's account
3. Create Klips and assemble dashboards in client's account
4. Share Klips, dashboards, and data sources with groups in client's account
5. Add users to the client's account
|Additional Steps:||- Brand the client's dashboard
- If you are a white-label partner, set white-label options in master account.
Adding new clients
Checklist for adding new clients to your account
Each time you add a new client in your master account, you will want to set up dashboards for that client. This checklist provides instructions on the best way to set up your client's account.
Here are the recommended steps:
- Add clients in master account
- Create Groups in the client account
- Create Klips and assemble dashboards in client account
- Share Klips, dashboards, and data sources with Groups in client's account
- Add users to the client's account
Step 1. Add clients in master account
- Navigate to the Clients section.
- Click the Add a Client button.
- Provide a name and description for the client.
- Set the number of seats available to the client account. Note: Users associated with a client must be added using that client's account.
- Set the status of the client account.
- Set sharing rights for the client. Note: These access rights only apply to users associated with the Master Account.
- Click the Save button when ready.
More information: Managing Clients and Master Accounts
Step 2. Create Groups in the client account
- In the Clients section, click the Sign in... link.
- Navigate to the Users section.
- Open the Groups tab.
- Click the Create a Group button.
- Provide a name for the Group. Note: You can add users to a specific group on the user creation screen.
- Click the Save button.
- Create as many groups as required for that client.
More information: Creating Groups
Step 3. Create Klips and assemble dashboards in client account
Your clients will only be able to access Klips, dashboards, and data sources that have been built in their "child" account. To build Klips and assemble dashboards, you will need to be signed in to their account as an administrator.
More information: Building Klips and Building Dashboards
Step 4. Share Klips, dashboards, and data sources with groups in client's account
In order to provide your clients with access to the resources created in the previous steps, you will need to share these resources with groups in the client's account.
More information: Sharing Klips, sharing dashboards, and sharing data sources.
Step 5. Add users to the client's account
The final step is to add users to the client's account. As you add users to the account, you will also assign them to the Groups you created in Step 2. By doing this step last, when a new user signs into their account, they will immediately see a display of the dashboards and Klips that you have set up.
Note: If you want a user to be "view only", assign them to a group that only has the Use Only permission associated with it.
More information: Adding new users
Optional Step: Brand your client's dashboard
You can change the logo associated with your client's account using the branding options. To do this, you will need to sign in to their account.
More information: Branding options
Optional Step: Set White-Label options in master account
If you are a white-label/OEM partner, you can customize features like the product and widget name, the links, support email address, footer logos, and more.