|Overview||OAuth Token Authentication (OAuth) is an open standard for authentication, and is used as a security measure when retrieving data from web services. Many third-party services require an OAuth token to be passed with the API request to ensure that the server requesting the data is safe. When working with Klipfolio, OAuth tokens will be generated upon request as part of the connection workflow. They will be stored for future use under
|Managing OAuth tokens||OAuth tokens can be managed under
You may re-authorize, edit, and delete OAuth Tokens.
|To re-authorize OAuth tokens:||
Important: Valid credentials are required to Re-Authorize tokens.
|Why does Klipfolio need access to information related to my accounts for authentication?||The reason Klipfolio asks for these permissions is to allow the Klipfolio app to connect to your data. Learn more.|
Step-by-step: Using a Web Accessible Data Source
To create a data source using a web accessible data source, you need to accomplish three tasks:
- Start the data source creation process in Klipfolio.
- Craft a request URL using developer documentation provided by your service provider.
- Enter the request URL in Klipfolio Dashboard.
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
- Click the Library link.
- Select the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Create a New Data Source button.
- Select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Craft a Query
Begin by going to the developer documentation for the service provider you would like to retrieve data from.
Some API connection requests are free and open to the public. However, depending on the service provider, you may need to:
- Have an account with the service provider.
- Contact the service provider to grant you API request permissions.
- Contact the service provider to receive an authentication token.
- Pay an API access fee.
Step 3: Enter the Request URL into Klipfolio
Once you have completed your API request, you can copy and paste your URL into the Web Accessible Resource connector.
In the Web Accessible Resource connector, ensure that you:
- Copy and paste the URL call from the web accessible resource into Klipfolio.
- Choose the appropriate Data Format (XML,CSV, Excel, or JSON).
- Expand the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, X-WSSE, or Basic) menu.
- Under Type, select the option OAuth Token.