|Data Source Type||Web Accessible Resource|
|API Documentation||The LinkedIn Profile API contains several components which are outlined in the following link:
|Additional Docs||Core Concepts - LinkedIn API|
|Klipfolio Blog||12 must have metrics for your social media dashboard
Save time and add pre-built Klips with the Klip Gallery!Klip Gallery: LinkedIn
Creating a data source using LinkedIn
To create a data source using LinkedIn, you need to accomplish 4 tasks:
- Start the data source creation process
- Authenticate with LinkedIn
- Find your LinkedIn Company ID
- Craft a query and enter it in Klipfolio
Step 1: Start the data source creation process
To create a data source using LinkedIn, go to the New Data Source page in Klipfolio and select the Web Accessible Resource option.
Step 2: Authenticate with LinkedIn
- Click the Authentication (OAuth, 2-Step, or Basic) link.
- Select the OAuth Credentials option.
- Click the Create button.
- Select LinkedIn from the list of OAuth service providers.
- Enter your name and password when prompted.
- Click the Grant Access button.
- Save your OAuth Credentials.
Step 3: Find your LinkedIn Company ID
You will need your LinkedIn company ID in your LinkedIn query. To find your Linkedin company ID:
- Open LinkedIn in a new tab
- Search for your company page in LinkedIn.
- In your search results, select your company page.
- Navigate to the URL at the top of your company page.
- Copy the number immediately following 'www.linkedin.com/company/' but before the question mark.
Step 4: Craft the query and enter it in Klipfolio
Refer to the LinkedIn API Docs to learn more about crafting a query. To help get you started, here are a few query examples:
For Linkedin Company Statistics:
For Linkedin Historical Follower Stats over the past 90 days: