DATASOURCE( datasource_id, pointer )
The DATASOURCE function is used to indirectly refer to a data source field, specified by pointer, in a specific data source, specified by datasource_id (a unique 32-digit hexadecimal identifier).
To find the datasource_id for a given data source:
- View the data source, either from the Library, select the Data Sources tab and then select the required data source, or from the Klip Editor, click the i icon on the required data source tab.
- The data source ID is contained in the URL displayed in the browser's address bar:
The pointer is entered as a literal string. For example, to refer to
- column A in a tabular data source, A:A
- column B in worksheet, Sheet1, in a Microsoft Excel workbook, Sheet1,B:B
- /connections/person/last-name in XML/JSON data source: /connections/person/last-name
The DATASOURCE function is designed to work with the User Input Control component to allow you to cycle through different data sources on a dashboard. By assigning the data source id to the Drop-Down List sub-component, you can select different data sources to use in Klip that contain variables.
Click the following links to see some examples of using the DATASOURCE function.