Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for IPV6 - the world is running out of IP addresses!

When Klipfolio connects to a SQL server database hosted by Google Cloud MySQL (you have heard of Google...) the Google service charges to allow connections from IPV4 addresses - like Klipfolio.....

Klipfolio should be upgraded to also support IPV4 as its Internet facing IPs.

See
    http://klipfolio.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/387278-important-immediate-action-required-if-using-klip

Thanks,

Richard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Administrator Login as User

Setting up Dashboards for Groups or Individual Users is tricky. You can assign Klips or Tabs to Groups, but how do you test it? How can you visualise what it will look like for the user?

Also - if they raise a helpdesk ticket or are trying to describe something to an Admin, wouldn't it be great to be able to login "as if you were them"?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users & Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow multiple klips to be added to dashboard from the gallery

Liking the new gallery popup window, much easier to browse klips.

However, adding multiple klips to a dashboard now requires repeating the steps for each klip as the popup auto-dismisses after any klip's '+' button is clicked.

The previous version's 'revealed' window allowed multiple klips to be added to the dashboard in one step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a new Input Component: Slider. Vertical or Horizontal.

This will give the ability to change input value without typing. Also with the min and max predefined, you can ensure the input data will be in the right range.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Heat Map

Create a "Heat Map" that can take in latitude and longitude values to create a non-region specific map.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. User Input Controls: Re-apply defaults when users log-in

Provide an option to have User Input Control default values re-applied every time a user logs in (not just the first time). e.g. re-set a monthly roll applied to charts to 3 monthly when users sign back in.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Batch Email Report Scheduling & Custom Attachment Filenames

For tabs with one or more user inputs, it would be great to be able to quickly set up scheduled email reports for each value/combination of values in an input.

Additionally, we should be able to customize the filename for the report rather than having the filename be the name of the reported tab. This would make it easier to identify multiple reports from the same tab that used different variable values to generate them.

For example, during the email scheduling setup, you could ask that a separate email report be sent for each var1 value. With multiple variables in…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sharing & Rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Populate dashboard wide variable with formular

I want to be able to create a dashboard wide variable which is populated by a formular when the dashboard reloads (or in time sequence as data sources).

The purpose is to be able to define variables containing the start and end date of the meassurement period for all the klips, so I do not need to do the same calculation of dates in every klip.

start_date = DATE_STARTOF( TODAY( "GMT+1000"), "week", -1, "Monday")
    end_date = DATE_ADD(start_date, "day", 6)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Apply "select" filter at the data source level instead of having to apply the select to each individual Klip

Apply "select" filter at the data source level instead of having to apply the select to each individual Klip

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SSL Support for Postgres

Direct SQL connections currently support SSH tunneling but it doesn't support basic SSL connections.

Add support for SSL mode
    allow
    prefer
    require

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Amazon MWS Datasource

Add a datasource that utilizes the Amazon MWS API, so Amazon sellers can see an overview of sales.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Link to Klips used by a data source

Similar to the way that you can see what data sources are being used in a klip, I think it would be very useful to see which klips a data source is being used it, visible from the data source. This way in case something changes in a data source, you know what klips it is going to affect.

Plus as use of klipfolio grows, the more data sources are created and the more data sources are replaced and deprecated. It would be helpful to be able to go through and see which ones can be deleted without breaking something.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow grouping of data sources

It would be awesome if it was possible to group data sources. I have hundreds and it's a bit annoying having to search for specific ones. Being able to sort it by grouping would help a lot.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the input and the idea!

We have been looking into the possibility of enabling a folder structure or tagging mechanism to help with organizing all assets in Klipfolio – data sources, Klips, tabs, and such.

From the description, I believe this would meet your needs. Does that resonate with you?

Cheers,

Scott.

14. Add the Google Analytics Real Time Reporting API

Having live visitors and live events from analytics would be great. There is an api for this : https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/realtime/v3/authorization

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Google Analytics Realtime API is still a Limited Beta and has some significant API call limits associated with it – often resulting in disabled data sources as Google restricts the number of calls.

When this API is released in production with the limits adjusted accordingly, we will revisit supporting a connection to this API.

15. Zoom for Sparkline

Klipfolio offers the possibility to zoom on a series chart. I think it would be really useful to have a similar feature for Sparkline as well. The best would be to select a certain area of the Sparkline to zoom and have the number value (as sum, average, ecc...) to be recalculated on the dates selected in the zoom.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have Date Picker handle Formulas to Calculate defaults for Start and End

A formula to set the default value in the date picker so that the dashboard will load with a specific default timeframe. Then the user could change it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If I am interpreting this correctly, it sounds like you are looking for a way to handle relative time/date ranges.

I am exploring how we can make working with dates more simple. One concept is to try to weave in the concept of relative time into things like date-centric user input controls.

Does this sound like what you are asking about? If not , can you describe the scenario in a little more detail?

Thanks, Scott.

17. Connectivity to Facebook ads

We would really need to get these costs directly in klipfolio in the same way geckboard does it would be great.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow for drilldown on field types other than text

Currently, drill downs only work for text fields. The next step as I see it would be to allow drilldowns for date and then current fields. This would let people create financial models reports where cashflows can be broken down into components.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add support for FTP over SSL (FTPS)

Microsoft IIS FTP servers implement FTP over SSL, typically served on port 990. Klipfolio only seems to support unencrypted FTP or Secure FTP (SSH) based file transfers.

Please add support for FTP over SSL so all your customers can enjoy secure file transfers regardless of what server technology they employ.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Collaboration/Alerts tab on Klips

I think there should be a collaboration icon on each Klip where users could make comments/suggestions or ask questions about a Klip. Each Klip could have a designated owner or moderator to follow the discussion. I also think alerts should be set up by users on a klip if they wanted them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your idea.

Investigating the elements above the existing annotation functionality.

Cheers,

Scott.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base