Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get detailed user login/usage data through the Klipfolio API

It would be great to be able to get data on the usage of dashboards/klips or User activity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Account & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with Keen.io

Data Hero integrates with Keen.io but Klipfolio is better, take a look how Data Hero does this integration, could be very easy for you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Starting a Line Chart at X point 0

It would be nice to allow not only for the line on a line chart to start at point 0 on the x-axis.

Imagine this scenario: You want to display visually a timeline of something from its start to its finish. Obviously its creation occurs at Time 0, and everything that happens after that is Time 0+X. However there currently isn't a way to start a line, or indeed a point, at, using grid locations, point (0,0) or even (0,Y), where Y is any point on the Y axis.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Replace All Feature

I would like see the a Replace all feature for creating Klips. I'm away creating klip based on other klips. Most of the time I only need to change one variable, but this can become time consuming when that one variable is used 20 times. Replace all would simplify this process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add indicator to change data type of elements in columns / charts

If I want to toggle my table between integer values and percentage values with one decimal point (ex: # of widgets sold by location to % share of total widgets sold by location), right now I don't have an easy or perfect way to do that.

I think an indicator to change the data type of elements would be a very useful tool. I could set something like "if column1 < 1 AND column1 > 0 set datatype to percent with one decimal point."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamic indexing for spreadsheets

Would be nice to be able to select a row/column of a spreadsheet based on another variable or a parameter instead of having to select it explicitily in the formula.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Word Cloud Component

I'd love to have a component which could generate a "word cloud" with items in a list displayed and sized (and colored maybe?) based on their frequency. See here for an example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud#/media/File:State_of_the_union_word_clouds.png

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Email reports to non-klipfolio users

I would prefer this option than having to send one to my team members manually, since they are not klipfolio users and it doesn't make sense to have the entire team register on klipfolio just to receive these reports.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sharing & Rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Charts Hard cap Increase

I recently ran into a problem charting data, there is a hard cap on data points for charts of 1000. That hard cap is not enough for me to display all the data I need to display; this is after parsing down the data to exactly what I need to display. There isn't a way for me to break down or group my data up any more, and this isn't a one off scenario for me, the data I go through is large and extensive. I would appreciate an increase to this cap, as it is putting a severe limitation…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support for google ChromeCast

Currently it is only possible to show klipfolio on a TV with ChromeCast by casting it through Chrome and the GoogleCast extension.
    Unfortunatly this option suffers from quality loss and forces you to keep the tab enabled in the browser.

It would be nice if Klipfolio supported the option to cast directly to the chromecast device.
    Thus allowing you to close the tab and improving the qaulity displayed on the monitor.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Uncompress attachment for Email data source

Not sure the the system can process zipped attachments?

It would be good to have the ability to uncompress zipped CSV attachments and use as data sources.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More font sizes

It would be great if we can have more font size choices.

At the moment, there is a huge difference between small and medium. Maybe numerical font sizes would be good!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Additional Options for Refresh Timing

At the moment, data source refreshes are tied to logins.
    For some of our data sources (e.g. Facebook API) it would be very useful to have scheduled refreshes (e.g. every Monday at 12:00 am). This would allow us to have consistent data for weekly reporting purposes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Issue with 'CSV' export from a 'drill-down' klip..

When a 'drilled-down' klip is exported as a 'CSV' file, it exports the entire data set and not just the klip that is being displayed on the screen. The 'PDF' export works properly as it creates the PDF file for the data that is being displayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export PDF as text content, not image

Currently, all PDF reports are exported by saving the klips as images, then saving the whole thing as a PDF. This leads to several disadvantages:

1. Non-selectable text: It would be useful to select certain text from the PDF, especially in situations where that PDF would be sent as a report to a client, project manager, etc.

2. Non-clickable links: This is also important, especially for online marketing-related reports which can contain results in the form of links (such as websites where the brand was mentioned).

3. Multi-page klips breaking text: While the download PDF feature offers an option to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to choose Email attachment

Give the ability to choose which file in the email data source option to use, instead of just the first (and without having to name a file). In my instance our data base sends email reports with the csv file attached after the text file and it's always labeled something different. If there was a switch to have Klipfolio grab the second file instead of the first it would make things a lot easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. JSON Broken; Can't generate set of displays from list

JSON individual value addressing is completely broken, AFAICT.

Switched to CSV, then realized you guys have no way of generating (in my case) Gauges for each item in a list. Also I don't see how you can use formulas (you can't?) in determining indicators, which makes the indicators basically useless for us.

I had high hopes, they're waning. As it is now, it would take us *less* time just to map JSON to some standard D3 components and just build what we need ourselves.

Am I missing something?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scheduled Report Export to Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive/Box

Rather than setting a scheduled email report for a tab, it would be great to be able schedule an upload of the .pdf or report image directly to a folder in the user's Google Drive (or other cloud storage service) account.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sharing & Rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base