Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. owncloud integration

it would be great to implement support for owncloud as a data source as an alternative to dropbos/google drive

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide list of Klips that use a data source

A Klip shows you what data source(s) it uses but not the other way around. Sometimes I'd like to change a data source but I need to know what Klips it might impact.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Hyperlinks to internal Server files

We create Dashboards for our Intranet - therefore it would be great to integrate internal links to documents and files instead of using ftp.

e.g.: \\sstr.abc.intra.net\folder_1\folder_2\5400_Projects\Files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Nimble Integration

I use Nimble as my CRM and they also have a group email option I would like to integrate with my dashboard. Is it possible to add a standard integration for this, or a way to customize the integration?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for Snowflake DB (SaaS analytic DB) to the system

Snowflake DB is a VERY good hosted SQL analytic database. They already have a JDBC driver and an ODBC driver, so it would be relatively easy to add them as a supported SQL data source.
    That would really help me since I have lots of data in Snowflake that I'd like to share with the internal team AND with our customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Build a new child data source from an existing large parent data source.

The Klip interface becomes very slow (to the point of being unusable) when a spreadsheet data source has many columns. I would like to be able to create smaller child data sources that automatically update when the parent table is updated. A simple tool "Build Child Data Source" with tool that allows you to select columns would be a good start. These child data sources could be edited with a simple "Add/Delete a column" interface.

The next step might be to add data manipulations in the child table so that common features such as slice, group, and groupby are pre-assembled…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please Add "Change Data Source"

You Need to add a feature that should be really easy to implement.

Please Add "Change Data Source" to the "edit Klip"

So lets say I create a Klip Dashboard and I want to copy it and change the data source but keep everything else about that Klip the same.

(This is really beautiful for my company where I can upload the same formatting of different customers' data and the Klip I created finds how and where to input it to the same fields I made)

So the only way I know how to currently do what i want to…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea and all the votes. Great to have all your support behind improving Klipfolio.

Will look into this idea.

10. Flexible Date reference when downloading a report to PDF, should show the current date/time of the the country

We are in the middle east and using klipfolio as our dashboard, our clients are downloading the reports from the klip, however, the date & time references shows not the current middle east time. Pls do something as your company is going internationally now and should have this option. Thank You

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Append Data Sent Via Email

I want to be able to send data to you via email and have it parsed out and appended to similar data that was already sent.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow for custom OAuth connector destinations

Many internet sources (such as Sharepoint) are capable of using OAuth tokens, can it be made that the user can set a custom OAuth destination as it is currently limited to a select few sources?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. temporary datasource

Klipfolio could enable temporary datasources, which the user could apply a function to augment or add news rows (in a smilar way as a table)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. show that Google Analytics Data results contain Sampled data

When you use the Google Analytics Query Explorer, the top line of the results shows you whether the query results contain sampled data or not.
    For use in Klipfolio this can be extremely important information, because calculating with sampled data may give you quite different results than the real data (only available if you have Google Analytics Premium in this case). Is it possible to show this info to the Klipfolio developer as well ? And if so, it would be even better to have a status indicator that could be shown to warn the end users as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate with Keen.io

Data Hero integrates with Keen.io but Klipfolio is better, take a look how Data Hero does this integration, could be very easy for you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Uncompress attachment for Email data source

Not sure the the system can process zipped attachments?

It would be good to have the ability to uncompress zipped CSV attachments and use as data sources.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Additional Options for Refresh Timing

At the moment, data source refreshes are tied to logins.
    For some of our data sources (e.g. Facebook API) it would be very useful to have scheduled refreshes (e.g. every Monday at 12:00 am). This would allow us to have consistent data for weekly reporting purposes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to choose Email attachment

Give the ability to choose which file in the email data source option to use, instead of just the first (and without having to name a file). In my instance our data base sends email reports with the csv file attached after the text file and it's always labeled something different. If there was a switch to have Klipfolio grab the second file instead of the first it would make things a lot easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for IPV6 - the world is running out of IP addresses!

When Klipfolio connects to a SQL server database hosted by Google Cloud MySQL (you have heard of Google...) the Google service charges to allow connections from IPV4 addresses - like Klipfolio.....

Klipfolio should be upgraded to also support IPV4 as its Internet facing IPs.

See
    http://klipfolio.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/387278-important-immediate-action-required-if-using-klip

Thanks,

Richard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SSL Support for Postgres

Direct SQL connections currently support SSH tunneling but it doesn't support basic SSL connections.

Add support for SSL mode
    allow
    prefer
    require

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?