Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Matrix or Cross-Tab or Pivot Tables (all the same thing)

Wonder why I can't build a simple cross-tab (aka matrix) table in Klipfolio.

Column A vs Column B and the intersecting cells are just counts (or sum) of the values.

I believe I was able to do this back in the early days of spreadsheets. Excel calls them Pivot tables

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Stock Timeline Chart

It would be great to have the timeline chart - similar to the highstock chart http://www.highcharts.com/stock/demo/compare - it is very useful for efficiently and interactively displaying time series data for longer periods of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Word Cloud Component

I'd love to have a component which could generate a "word cloud" with items in a list displayed and sized (and colored maybe?) based on their frequency. See here for an example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud#/media/File:State_of_the_union_word_clouds.png

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Heat Map

Create a "Heat Map" that can take in latitude and longitude values to create a non-region specific map.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow <script> tags for inclusion of JavaScript libraries in HTML

Currently the editor prohibits you from adding <script> tags in the HTML template, even if you are referencing javascript from somewhere else, such as highcharts libraries. If you work around this (via the API or another hack I won't divulge here), everything works fine, so why the restriction?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Days Since / Days untill

There should be a simple count up/down timer Klip - displaying days since a specific date, or days until a specific date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add checkboxes, radio buttons and multiple select lists to the user controls

to make dashboards more interactive it would be great to have more control types like:
    - check boxes
    - radio button groups
    - select lists with multiple select possibilities

thanx in advance and keep up the good work!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a clock klip

It would be great to have a simple klip that can display the time for a selected timezone
    Leftronic.com provide a such widget

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display numbers with different notation: Thousands (K) Millions (M) etc

If you choose to format a field as a number it would be excellent if you could also optionally select to display the number in a different "notation":
    These would be for example:

Thousands: k
    Millions: m
    Billions: b
    Trillions: t

You would then automatically cut off the necessary zeros and add the appropriate letter. Currently there are too many zeros.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Different tab view for different users

If different uses have different shape monitors and want to view the klips in a different size and layout to one another, is this possible? What I have seen if someone changes the look it changes it all round...
    Can you help me here?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wordcloud

The ability to generate wordclouds (like http://www.wordle.net/) based on data would be a great feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea. Support for a wordcloud component may be implemented in the future. In the meantime you can use the html component to set up a word cloud as follows:

In the HTML Template put:

{{each Words}}
    • ${$value}
    • {{/each}}
      {{each Values}}
    • ${$value}
    • {{/each}}

Click on “Use JavaScript with this HTML Template” and add the following JavaScript

require( [“https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/d3/3.0.8/d3.min.js”;] , function(ok){
    require( [“https://raw.github.com/jasondavies/d3-cloud/master/d3.layout.cloud.js”;] , function(ok){

var fill = d3.scale.category20();
    var width = $(“#wordcloud”).width();
    var height = 300;
    var minSize = 15;
    var maxSize = 50;

var words = [];
    $(“#wordcloud-words li”).each(function() {
    words.push($(this).text());
    });

var values = [];
    $(“#wordcloud-values li”).each(function() {
    values.push(FMT.convertToNumber($(this).text()));
    });

var minVal = _.min(values);
    var maxVal = _.max(values);

var wordObjs = [];
    for (var i = 0; i < words.length; i++) {
    if (i < values.length) {
    var size = ((values[i] – minVal) / (maxVal – minVal)) * (maxSize –…

12. Region ID Maps for Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Africa, and Asia.

A map klip component for The Middle East and North Africa Region (MENA), one for Africa and one for Asia.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Shoretel Real Time Event Feed!

Allow Shoretel Real Time Event Feed!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Different properties in one table column (array)

It should be possible to define each field in a different way: e.g. with prefix or w/o; etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let Klip builders change the component type in the Klip editor

Right now, if a user wants to change a component from being a list to a table, they must start building a new Klip. The system should allow the user to switch component types on the fly. This will be even more useful when there are more chart types.

Even if all data associations and formulas are lost, it would still be useful...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base