I have an idea:

Event driven alerting by email

Many BI tools are expanding their alerting features. The idea is for business users to look at a dashboard/report when a particular alert condition is reached (e.g. Sales trajectory too low to meet targets at the end of the month), instead of all the time. It would be great if, when an alert condition is reached in a particular klip (e.g. no leads received in a particular channel in 24 hours), it could also set a variable that could trigger an email to, say IT (check if API is down). I think all the features already exist, just a new class of variables need to be created and the email scheduler has to allow a email to be triggered based on the variable value (="True"), and then reset it to "False: after email is sent.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mallinath Biswas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gavin Boyt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a great suggestion... this would be invaluble for IT managers etc, when it often takes a while before its been noticed that a channel is down for example. An event driven notification would raise the alarm in good time

• Andrea Rubiano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was actually going to post this idea. I think is absolutely necessary to have this alerting capability as it will give the business the capacity to react in real time to the specific situations that we follow in each indicator!

Feedback and Knowledge Base