I have an idea:

Synchronise data source updates to keep data consistent in the dashboard

I currently have a dashboard which includes klips based on a total of 12 data sources (it works like this so I can dynamically assign the data source to display data for a specific item).

I have an issue in that when the source Google Apps spreadhseet is updated, it takes up to 30 minutes (the refresh frequency I use) for all the data sources to update.

The impact of this is that for these 30 or so minutes, the klips present different data depending on whether a klip's data source has been updated, or is still waiting to update. I realise that I could just set a higher refresh frequency, but that seems wasteful given the data on changes on a daily basis.

It would be great to be able to link data sources together somehow and indicate that they are all to be synchronised at the same time.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stephen Robb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Pandelakis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also add a "fill-or-kill" feature so if one data source updates that is linked with others all the data sources fail. That way all data is either out of date or updated, but not, like the OP mentions, potentially out of date for some and not out of date for others.

Feedback and Knowledge Base