I have an idea:

Use variables in series label

Variables can be used to change the title of a klip dynamically. It would be great if the series label could also use variables. For example "{country} Revenue"

50 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Klipfolio
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jake Mutschler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with Klipfolio
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Randy Fullmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree. Staticly limiting what the series title is really hurts for creative klip development.

I have a klip that allows the user to select from 2 different dropdowns for comparing data, yet I can't name the series values in the chart with the selected values, so the series titles are called "Selection 1" and "Selection 2". It would be preferable if I could use the selected values for the series titles respecctively to eliminate confusion.

• Mark Gormley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would really like to see this feature in the near future. Right now we simulate this by creating a table to get the top 5 performing "things". Then drive our charts off of that table. It is ugly and clumsy and results in series labels of "Thing 1", "Thing 2", etc...

• Patrick Fahrun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. Also it will be great the Series to be named based on the values in the Data Source.
    In a Table Klip this is possible by choosing " Use first values as column headers"

• Cameron Van Uytrecht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree on this. Would be great to be able to change these series dynamically so we can use the same graph for a lot of data sources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base