Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. X axis label

Scale X Axis omissions dynamically based on the number of points vs the size of the graph.

Currently, you need to choose a static "Drop every Xth label" which does not scale well at all.

E.g

"Drop every 7th label" works well for 90 days of data, but if I switch to 7 days of data, there is only one label.

Most charting libraries do this.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Introduced with an update to our charting engine. For series charts (bar/line), select the X Axis int he component tree, on the properties tab, there is an option for Auto under label drop.

2. Series Ordering in Klip Editor

It would be nice if there was a way to change the series order in the Klip Editor. There is no way to change the order of the series other than delete and add Series.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been released. You can now right click on a series in the component tree and use the context menu to move the series up or down to reorder them on the Klip.

3. Move series on component tree up or down

For a given chart, change the order of the series by right clicking "move up" or "move down". There is a work around by copy & paste formula, but then all the formatting has to be redone, too.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This was recently released. You can now right-click on the series in the component tree and move the series up or down.

4. I've never used Klipfolio before and think it's more difficult than it needs to be to get started,

I'm interested in website reports. I've never used Klipfolio before and think it's more difficult than it needs to be to get started. It would be great if there were template reports using Google Analytics and AdWords.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In late 2014 and early 2015, we introduced KlipStarts – essentially a starting point dashboard for each. We have also introduced the Klip Gallery in 2015 which also provides a faster starting point to working with almost 50 services.

5. Automate replacement of code in GA Data Sources when adding new client

from my point of view, something that would make creating the new clients a lot easier, would be some way to replace the Google Analytics code in all the data sources at once. Our "Master Template" has on average about 30 links to different Google data sources from the same Analytics account. What this means is that each time we create a new client and import the 5 tabs, I have to go through each of those data sources and update the code that is in the middle of the URI string. This is by far the most time consuming…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When using a combination of Company Properties and Dynamic Data Sources, many partners are achieving the request outlined here.

6. Add highcharts .js code as klip type

Having build an integrated dashboard with Highcharts, I have fallen for this framework. I would love to be able to use highcharts specific .js code in order to generate a klip an thus have all of highcharts graph types available.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Thomas identified, this is possible via the HTML component. We have also shared examples of using other libraries – check out Ali’s blog on using Vega.

7. Set color on map using GPS coordinate

Leftronic.com competitor has a map widget too but they allow to set a color "buble" at a specific latitude and longitude.
    This is a very great feature.
    They allow to chose the color but not the radius of the bubble which would be nice too

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Earlier this year, we released a feature called “Map Markers” where you can set a marker at a specific latitude and longitude.

8. save as a copy of a data source

Once you have found the "Save as a copy" feature in the Klip "Save and Exit" button you are glad that you do not have to rebuild every Klip right from the start; however if you want to reuse a data source that has some more complicated settings, you have to rememebr very well how you managed to do that the first time; so bebing able to save a copy of a data source would be a great feature too

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While not the same as described in the idea, we have implemented the ability to duplicate a data source.

This was recently released. When you are on a data source info page (you can get there from the library or the editor), there is now a duplicate button on the top right of the page.

9. Copy/Duplicate Data Source

Ability to Create a new datasource from an existing one, just change one or two parameters. for example the Google ID using the same query. That would be AWESOME and save a lot of time.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This was recently released. When you are on a data source info page (you can get there from the library or the editor), there is now a duplicate button on the top right of the page.

10. Duplicating Klips

Sometimes we're using the same klip but with a slight modification. At the moment we need to create a completely new klip - therefore we would like the ability to duplicate a clip with the same settings.

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Reviewing this again, the ability to Save As from within a Klip in the Editor should address the requirement as outlined in the idea.

That said, we are looking into possible mechanisms to make the ability to make a copy/duplicate of a Klip more obvious and potentially from the Library

11. Clone a datasource

I've a common CRM API that uses different clients. Since the request to the API it is the same (URL - Body) and only changes a couple values like ID's, it will be so helpful to have a Clone option. It can save time!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Digital marketing dashboard / Campaign management

it's nice to have google analytics as a datasource...but for creating a 360° view on a campaign we need more connectors: such as the Facebook ads API & the Google Adwords Api. Would be great to have a total budget sheet for all paid ads, then measure effectiveness for every channel : from cost , to ad effectiveness and goal conversion

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

With the Klip Gallery in place now, there are a number of Marketing-centric Klips available to put into a dashboard. We have also posted some examples of live dashboards touching many digital marketing services. Check out this one using MOZ Twitter, Bitly, HubSpot, SearchMetrics, Facebook, Xero, Google Analytics, Instgram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Shopify data.

13. Trello

I suggest you create an integration with Trello to display data from a specific board with the number of cards in each list. It would be great for technology companies that make or project management! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Connect Klipfolio to Google Webmaster Tools

I want to get Top 10 queries from Google Webmaster Tools and I try to using Web Accessible Resource to connect and query this data but it's not work. Any suggestion for me?

https://developers.google.com/webmaster-tools/v3/how-tos/search_analytics?utm_source=tsq2apipost&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=tsq2api#top-10-queries-sorted-by-click-count-descending

Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. integrations with Piwik

Please consider integration with Piwik metrics that is used by millions.

http://piwik.org/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dai,

Based on an initial investigation into the Piwik API (http://piwik.org/docs/analytics-api/
    ), it looks like you should be able to use the Web Accessible Resource connector to reach Piwik.

Your Piwik API Key needs to be included as query parameter in format &token_auth=YOUR_TOKEN. Their documentation indicates your token can be found in users manage / users admin area of your Piwik account.

17. Add date/time parameter in the web accessible resource parameters field

For instance to automatically update the timestamp

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support for AWS CloudWatch Metrics as a Data Source

We have other dashboards that show things like SQS counts, DB connections, ELB Request counts, and many other metrics pulled from Amazon Web Services CloudWatch. Right now, I'll have to write custom scripts for every view that I want to see in here.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Xero Online Accounting (xero.com) as a data source

Integration with the Xero API to allow access to financial data - Xero reporting is quiet limited Klipfolio would make it extremely powerful.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Connect Klipfolio to Google AdWords

Connect Klipfolio to Google AdWords (for example to create reports that shows the conversions correlated to the ad's positions).
    Unfortunately Google Analytics cannot show the ad's positions so connectivity to AdWords is necessary.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base