Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connect Klipfolio to Google Webmaster Tools

I want to get Top 10 queries from Google Webmaster Tools and I try to using Web Accessible Resource to connect and query this data but it's not work. Any suggestion for me?

https://developers.google.com/webmaster-tools/v3/how-tos/search_analytics?utm_source=tsq2apipost&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=tsq2api#top-10-queries-sorted-by-click-count-descending

Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trello

I suggest you create an integration with Trello to display data from a specific board with the number of cards in each list. It would be great for technology companies that make or project management! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Clone a datasource

I've a common CRM API that uses different clients. Since the request to the API it is the same (URL - Body) and only changes a couple values like ID's, it will be so helpful to have a Clone option. It can save time!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add date/time parameter in the web accessible resource parameters field

For instance to automatically update the timestamp

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. integrations with Piwik

Please consider integration with Piwik metrics that is used by millions.

http://piwik.org/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dai,

Based on an initial investigation into the Piwik API (http://piwik.org/docs/analytics-api/
    ), it looks like you should be able to use the Web Accessible Resource connector to reach Piwik.

Your Piwik API Key needs to be included as query parameter in format &token_auth=YOUR_TOKEN. Their documentation indicates your token can be found in users manage / users admin area of your Piwik account.

6. Copy/Duplicate Data Source

Ability to Create a new datasource from an existing one, just change one or two parameters. for example the Google ID using the same query. That would be AWESOME and save a lot of time.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This was recently released. When you are on a data source info page (you can get there from the library or the editor), there is now a duplicate button on the top right of the page.

7. how to visualize mysql database data

how to visualize mysql database, so that we can create various charts at real time. i'm new to klio folio please help me out. thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Aditya,

You have the ability to access mySQL data via the SQL Database Query connector. Here is a link to setting up the connection. http://klipfolio.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/65108-databases-sql

Once set up, you can set a schedule for queuing the refresh of the data from the mySQL Query.

Hope this helps get you started. If you have additional questions about getting started, please send a note to Support@Klipfolio.com with your questions.

Cheers,

Scott.

8. Provide way to add an existing Klip (from Library) to a new multi-component Klip

Multi-component Klips can be built from scratch, with all new Klips as child components. My idea is to allow a pre-existing Klip to be included in a new Multi-component Klip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With Release 27 in June, you can approach this 2 ways.

1) Use your existing Klip as the starting point for the multi-component Klip. Edit your Klip and start adding more components. You can also move the existing components around with the others.

2) Copy components from existing Klips into a new Klip to add as one of many components. Open the existing Klip. Right click on the component therein, and Copy it. Then go into the Klip where you want the content from the first Klip and right-click to Paste the component in the new Klip.

9. Move series on component tree up or down

For a given chart, change the order of the series by right clicking "move up" or "move down". There is a work around by copy & paste formula, but then all the formatting has to be redone, too.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This was recently released. You can now right-click on the series in the component tree and move the series up or down.

10. Support for AWS CloudWatch Metrics as a Data Source

We have other dashboards that show things like SQS counts, DB connections, ELB Request counts, and many other metrics pulled from Amazon Web Services CloudWatch. Right now, I'll have to write custom scripts for every view that I want to see in here.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to select a label range for the bubble chart in addition to displaying the numerical data in the info box.

When hovering over the bubbles, the info box tells me all I need to know about the numerical data but all the bubbles display the same label name making it impossible to identify data points. This is a great visual chart but not knowing what the bubble is referring to makes it less impactful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the April 21, 2014 release of Klipfolio added functionality to expose labels for bubbles on bubble charts.

12. Add highcharts .js code as klip type

Having build an integrated dashboard with Highcharts, I have fallen for this framework. I would love to be able to use highcharts specific .js code in order to generate a klip an thus have all of highcharts graph types available.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Thomas identified, this is possible via the HTML component. We have also shared examples of using other libraries – check out Ali’s blog on using Vega.

13. Digital marketing dashboard / Campaign management

it's nice to have google analytics as a datasource...but for creating a 360° view on a campaign we need more connectors: such as the Facebook ads API & the Google Adwords Api. Would be great to have a total budget sheet for all paid ads, then measure effectiveness for every channel : from cost , to ad effectiveness and goal conversion

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the Klip Gallery in place now, there are a number of Marketing-centric Klips available to put into a dashboard. We have also posted some examples of live dashboards touching many digital marketing services. Check out this one using MOZ Twitter, Bitly, HubSpot, SearchMetrics, Facebook, Xero, Google Analytics, Instgram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Shopify data.

14. Auto Page Breaks when Downloading Tabs as PDF

We have long tabs that serve as reports and often print them off via pdf for meetings. At the moment, when viewing the tabs on screen, there's no indication of where the page will break when printed to pdf.

When dashboard is printed to pdf, it cuts klips wherever the page breaks, so it will split a graph across two pages, making it unreadable.

We'd like Klipfolio to push Klips to the next page when printing, or provide a 'start klip on new page' function so we can control the layout of the pdfs and keep klips in one piece.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sharing & Rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Peter MatthewsPeter Matthews responded

The “Download as PDF” feature now provides an option (the default) to split tabs in a way that avoids spanning Klips across multiple pages (when possible).

15. Automate replacement of code in GA Data Sources when adding new client

from my point of view, something that would make creating the new clients a lot easier, would be some way to replace the Google Analytics code in all the data sources at once. Our "Master Template" has on average about 30 links to different Google data sources from the same Analytics account. What this means is that each time we create a new client and import the 5 tabs, I have to go through each of those data sources and update the code that is in the middle of the URI string. This is by far the most time consuming…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When using a combination of Company Properties and Dynamic Data Sources, many partners are achieving the request outlined here.

16. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Connect Klipfolio to Google AdWords

Connect Klipfolio to Google AdWords (for example to create reports that shows the conversions correlated to the ad's positions).
    Unfortunately Google Analytics cannot show the ad's positions so connectivity to AdWords is necessary.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. X axis label

Scale X Axis omissions dynamically based on the number of points vs the size of the graph.

Currently, you need to choose a static "Drop every Xth label" which does not scale well at all.

E.g

"Drop every 7th label" works well for 90 days of data, but if I switch to 7 days of data, there is only one label.

Most charting libraries do this.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Introduced with an update to our charting engine. For series charts (bar/line), select the X Axis int he component tree, on the properties tab, there is an option for Auto under label drop.

19. Scheduling e-mail report for Klips and Tabs

Ability to schedule e-mailing of Klips/Tabs to different users. From a scheduling perspective, this would be similar to how we can schedule email reports in Google Analytics. Features including 'subject line', 'recipient list' (to whom the Klip/Tab can be emailed), 'frequency' (how often they should be emailed), 'day/time of the week' (on which day/time Klip/Tab should be emailed) would be an added enhancement to the existing functionality where a Klip/Tab can be emailed to multiple recipients. The main drawback with the existing email functionality is that it is manual rather than being automated and does not provide an easy mechanism…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sharing & Rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Peter MatthewsPeter Matthews responded

You can now schedule Klip or tab PDF/image reports via email to other Klipfolio users in your account.

20. provide a "refresh all" button in the data sources tab

Please provise an option for manually refreshing all data sources at once.This will be very useful in a development mode or when you want to make sure all the dashboards are up-to-date (right before a big presentation, maybe?) right after the batch data processing job finishes...

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently released the ability to select an entire page of data sources and click one button to queue for refresh.

Combine that with the ability to filter the view of data sources to “Failed Data Sources” (using the show filter), and you are able to add a page of data sources to the refresh queue at a time.

Check it out in the Library on the Data Sources page.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base