Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic backups

I'm an idiot. I deleted some klips where I spend hours working on. There is no way to get those back, so maybe it's a good idea for retards like me to build some kind of daily backup system.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Account & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trashcan for the Library

I just inadvertently deleted a super fancy klip I had created... it would be nice to send deleted items to a Trashcan for a couple of days before definitely deleting it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recycle bin for deleted items

It would be great if we could have a 14-day day grace period after we've deleted something to recover the item(s).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Table Sorting

The suggested table sorting method in the "common table scenario" series does not work, the columns just go blank. (This is in chrome on windows 10.)

I would suggest adding the sort methods to the table properties rather than requiring use of formulas.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reverse Y Axis option for ranking graphs

There's no way to currently create a "ranking" graph in Klipfolio, where the scale starts from 1 and goes to 100, but in the opposite direction (1 is at the top, 100 is at the bottom).

Here are a few examples:

I'm trying to build a Google ranking graph in Klipfolio. However, I cannot seem to find a way to set the scale so it starts from 1 and goes to 100, but in the opposite direction (1 is at the top, 100 is at the bottom).

Here are a few examples:

http://www.seobook.com/images/awr-keyword-rank-chart-5-11-10.jpg
    http://cdn.searchenginejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/serp-tracker-05.png
    http://www.keywordcompetitor.com/newDesignImages/features/OnlineKeywordResearch.png

There would be a way…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. GROUP BY warnings

There should be an error message when you do a GROUP BY and the things you're grouping by have an unequal number of rows. It's not like I have a lot of extra hair to pull out!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Pinterest and Flickr to the dashboard!

I think it would be great if the users can create a dashboard with Pinterest´s and Flickr´s dates. We are using different chanals to analize our marketing and social activity, so i really would like to see thise chanales on my dashboard!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reference values to other klip

It would be an awesome feature to add reference values to other klips. Sometimes you need to use a value/formula that you already calculated in another klip. This feature would save an enormous amount of time in building klips

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please Add "Change Data Source"

You Need to add a feature that should be really easy to implement.

Please Add "Change Data Source" to the "edit Klip"

So lets say I create a Klip Dashboard and I want to copy it and change the data source but keep everything else about that Klip the same.

(This is really beautiful for my company where I can upload the same formatting of different customers' data and the Klip I created finds how and where to input it to the same fields I made)

So the only way I know how to currently do what i want to…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea and all the votes. Great to have all your support behind improving Klipfolio.

Will look into this idea.

11. Flexible Date reference when downloading a report to PDF, should show the current date/time of the the country

We are in the middle east and using klipfolio as our dashboard, our clients are downloading the reports from the klip, however, the date & time references shows not the current middle east time. Pls do something as your company is going internationally now and should have this option. Thank You

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Timeneye integration

An integration with timeneye enable people to see the amount of hours logged by person or project within a dashboard in KlipFolio.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding Sort order in Bar Chart

Adding a sort order option in bar chart in order to sort higher values on bottom.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rodolfo
    *My previous suggestion was sent in Contact support option, my mistake!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for custom OAuth connector destinations

Many internet sources (such as Sharepoint) are capable of using OAuth tokens, can it be made that the user can set a custom OAuth destination as it is currently limited to a select few sources?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More font sizes

It would be great if we can have more font size choices.

At the moment, there is a huge difference between small and medium. Maybe numerical font sizes would be good!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow multiple klips to be added to dashboard from the gallery

Liking the new gallery popup window, much easier to browse klips.

However, adding multiple klips to a dashboard now requires repeating the steps for each klip as the popup auto-dismisses after any klip's '+' button is clicked.

The previous version's 'revealed' window allowed multiple klips to be added to the dashboard in one step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a new Input Component: Slider. Vertical or Horizontal.

This will give the ability to change input value without typing. Also with the min and max predefined, you can ensure the input data will be in the right range.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow grouping of data sources

It would be awesome if it was possible to group data sources. I have hundreds and it's a bit annoying having to search for specific ones. Being able to sort it by grouping would help a lot.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the input and the idea!

We have been looking into the possibility of enabling a folder structure or tagging mechanism to help with organizing all assets in Klipfolio – data sources, Klips, tabs, and such.

From the description, I believe this would meet your needs. Does that resonate with you?

Cheers,

Scott.

19. Add the Google Analytics Real Time Reporting API

Having live visitors and live events from analytics would be great. There is an api for this : https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/realtime/v3/authorization

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Google Analytics Realtime API is still a Limited Beta and has some significant API call limits associated with it – often resulting in disabled data sources as Google restricts the number of calls.

When this API is released in production with the limits adjusted accordingly, we will revisit supporting a connection to this API.

20. Have Date Picker handle Formulas to Calculate defaults for Start and End

A formula to set the default value in the date picker so that the dashboard will load with a specific default timeframe. Then the user could change it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If I am interpreting this correctly, it sounds like you are looking for a way to handle relative time/date ranges.

I am exploring how we can make working with dates more simple. One concept is to try to weave in the concept of relative time into things like date-centric user input controls.

Does this sound like what you are asking about? If not , can you describe the scenario in a little more detail?

Thanks, Scott.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base