Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better management of multiple tabs (drilldown?)

Need a better way to manage lots of tabs. When it gets to 10+ it starts to be unwieldly.

In particular, we have a lot of tabs that are detail of higher level summaries. Like there's a main dashboard with the KPIs, but then we have an entire additional tab with more detail and much deeper data.

It would be nice if the detail tabs were somehow accessed by drilling down from the main tab or otherwise able to be hidden away when you first hit your dashboard.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under review. We’ve looked at a number of options as to how to enhance how users can work with many tabs. As Mr. Biswas mentions, there is the ability to use links to set up a structure of links between dashboards to open a new dashboard on your screen or replace the dashboard you are viewing with another one.

2. Use variables in series label

Variables can be used to change the title of a klip dynamically. It would be great if the series label could also use variables. For example "{country} Revenue"

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add checkboxes, radio buttons and multiple select lists to the user controls

to make dashboards more interactive it would be great to have more control types like:
    - check boxes
    - radio button groups
    - select lists with multiple select possibilities

thanx in advance and keep up the good work!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow klip headers to be hidden

some of the best looking dashboards keep things to a minimum - it would be great to have just the data showing and be able to hide extraneous information like the klip header.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More font sizes

It would be great if we can have more font size choices.

At the moment, there is a huge difference between small and medium. Maybe numerical font sizes would be good!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add timezone setting to configuration

We are western European based, but can't change the timezone of our account (EDT by default). So now we constantly have to add 6 hours to check update times.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Is there any feature that allows me to send alerts or notifications

So I can alert or send notification by email or SMS to my co-workers when some levels are reached. I want to PUSH the data to the co-workers

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Peter MatthewsPeter Matthews responded

We’re looking at a feature that would let users set up actions when conditions are met.

8. Automatic backups

I'm an idiot. I deleted some klips where I spend hours working on. There is no way to get those back, so maybe it's a good idea for retards like me to build some kind of daily backup system.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Account & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Event driven alerting by email

Many BI tools are expanding their alerting features. The idea is for business users to look at a dashboard/report when a particular alert condition is reached (e.g. Sales trajectory too low to meet targets at the end of the month), instead of all the time. It would be great if, when an alert condition is reached in a particular klip (e.g. no leads received in a particular channel in 24 hours), it could also set a variable that could trigger an email to, say IT (check if API is down). I think all the features already exist, just a new…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Drill down for Pie Charts

I would like to be able to drill down in a Pie Chart. For example, in a pie chart of sales by a product category, instead of hiding a slice when clicked; drill down into sales by sub-category.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Add "Change Data Source"

You Need to add a feature that should be really easy to implement.

Please Add "Change Data Source" to the "edit Klip"

So lets say I create a Klip Dashboard and I want to copy it and change the data source but keep everything else about that Klip the same.

(This is really beautiful for my company where I can upload the same formatting of different customers' data and the Klip I created finds how and where to input it to the same fields I made)

So the only way I know how to currently do what i want to…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea and all the votes. Great to have all your support behind improving Klipfolio.

Will look into this idea.

12. Reference values to other klip

It would be an awesome feature to add reference values to other klips. Sometimes you need to use a value/formula that you already calculated in another klip. This feature would save an enormous amount of time in building klips

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a single view of multiple data sources

It would be awesome if we could create a single view of multiple related data sources. This way, we could create the view once and then be able to repeat its use as a single data source rather than having to use multiple data sources and lookup formulas in klips each time you want to relate the data.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great idea. We are exploring a way to do something like this. Keep watch for some updates as we focus on the Klip Editor in 2016.

14. Shared Connections for Data Sources

Currently connection details (host, port, username, password, url, etc) must be reentered for each datasource. Ideally we would be able to configure a connection once and then reference the connection in multiple data sources.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While not exactly as requested, there is now an option to duplicate a data source. When creating new data sources, the connection details will already be in the duplicated data source.

This should help when creating multiple data sources that need the same configuration info.

15. Timeneye integration

An integration with timeneye enable people to see the amount of hours logged by person or project within a dashboard in KlipFolio.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Recycle bin for deleted items

It would be great if we could have a 14-day day grace period after we've deleted something to recover the item(s).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Table Sorting

The suggested table sorting method in the "common table scenario" series does not work, the columns just go blank. (This is in chrome on windows 10.)

I would suggest adding the sort methods to the table properties rather than requiring use of formulas.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Trashcan for the Library

I just inadvertently deleted a super fancy klip I had created... it would be nice to send deleted items to a Trashcan for a couple of days before definitely deleting it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. full screen (TV) mode: different settings per Tab

It would be nice to be able to change the time for each tab. I know in the profile you can set a new time for all tabs but I want different settings for each tab.

For example some Tabs have a number of rows in a table which require at least 20 seconds to review while other tabs only need 8-10 seconds.

This could be added to the "About this tab" in the Library section.
    Just an idea.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base