Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow klip headers to be hidden

some of the best looking dashboards keep things to a minimum - it would be great to have just the data showing and be able to hide extraneous information like the klip header.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. full screen (TV) mode: different settings per Tab

It would be nice to be able to change the time for each tab. I know in the profile you can set a new time for all tabs but I want different settings for each tab.

For example some Tabs have a number of rows in a table which require at least 20 seconds to review while other tabs only need 8-10 seconds.

This could be added to the "About this tab" in the Library section.
    Just an idea.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Event driven alerting by email

Many BI tools are expanding their alerting features. The idea is for business users to look at a dashboard/report when a particular alert condition is reached (e.g. Sales trajectory too low to meet targets at the end of the month), instead of all the time. It would be great if, when an alert condition is reached in a particular klip (e.g. no leads received in a particular channel in 24 hours), it could also set a variable that could trigger an email to, say IT (check if API is down). I think all the features already exist, just a new…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "Today" link to date picker user input control

Add a simple "Today" link next to the date in the user input control, so the user doesn't have to open the date input and navigate to today. Saves a click for almost everyone that uses the control, and is particularly useful when a user loads the dashboard for the first time and the control defaults to something like Jan 1, 1969.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic Table Columns & Line Series

Allow Tables to have a dynamic number of columns based on the data set. In conjunction with "Use first values as column headers" this allows the user to plug in any data source prepared in a tabular format to a table and have it adjust automatically.

The same idea for Line graphs, a dynamic number of Line Series and Line Series Labels based on datasource first values (like the table feature) or Pivot on a particular column.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. dynamic series names in bar charts

It would be nice to have dynamically named series.. for example, if we do a stacked bar of the top 10 whatevers, those series names in the should change automatically. At the moment we have to link it to a table and put the names in the table and its all a bit difficult (and ugly).

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display the time that the klip data was last updated, in a more prominent/visible area

rather than going to the list of klips to see the updated time, display it inside the klip somewhere. this could be very helpful for data sources that are not on a schedule.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audible Alert Klip

Having Klips that can be used for audible alerts when certain criteria is met.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide Klips based on conditions or formula

The ability to hide klips when certain conditions are met. I may only want to show a klip when there is a warning. For example, only display the "Server Alert" klip where one or more records contain 'severity high.' Or, only show the klip when cashflow falls below a certain threshold.

You guys rock, btw. Thanks for all of the improvements!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow column headers to wrap in table view

allow column headers to wrap by default in table view.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have historical data storing functionality

I want a way to create a graph, say Analytics, to see how my website is improving or declining over time, without putting them into excel myself. It is actually a make or break function for me to use this app.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Populate variable from Dashboard url

We have many-to-many relation between datasources. In our case:
    1. Apartments
    2. Applicants
    3. Interests (These are created when an applicant showns interest in an apartment. It contains the id of both (1) and (2).

We have our "Interests" objects in a Drill down table by date. At the bottom, the specific interests are listed (which we go through each day).

Request: Let say we on this level add a url from the registration to the dashboard but with a parameter of the apartment and the applicant inside which can be read by a variable. Then two other tables could…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add different languages

Basically I want to see the web page in a different language.

Actually If you there any interest in this feature. I can help with the with the translation for spanish

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add label options to sparklines

Having an extra label on a sparkline could be very helpful, especially when data goes back 30 or 60 days. It would be nice to hover over the value and see what the date was for that value.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multi-level table sort

I would love to be able to sort tables on multible levels, for example:

Column B Ascending and then
    Column A Descending

In the Datatables Jquery plugin (http://datatables.net/) (for an illustration of my point) this is achieved by holding the [SHIFT] key while adding additional sorting columns.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Organize Klips

It would be real good if we have a way to organize klips.

So, situation is, we have several projects; and each project uses several klips. I'm sure there're lots of users with similar situations.

It's going to be easier for the end user if we have the ability to create new folders in the library for each project, and place the klips which each specific project uses, into its own folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Using a Klip value result as a REF or as a Variable value

I think it would be great to be able to to use the result value of a klip as a reference or to be able to make the value result assign its value to a variable.

This would come in handy if you would want to combine results of a larger number of klips without having to make a formula that is longer than an A4 sheet of paper by combining them, or by having one giant multi-klip.

It would just make a nice clean calculation once the initial klip is built.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. hide series on start

the feature that series are hidden when you click on its legenda item is really great; this makes it possiible to focus on only part of the data a klip is presenting and have the sacling adjsuted to only those values;
    also it makes complex graphs more readable; however you can not hide series by default and let the user click to have them appear; would be an easy and very welcome setting to let series be hidden until clicked on to be shown

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Intelligent pie chart slice colour based on specified label values

It would be great to assign slice colours to specific label values on pie charts to enable consistent label colours over different charts. Currently I can only colour based on descending/ascending order or over ride the slice colours which involves no intelligence towards labels. The trouble with this is that labels shift in order from month to month meaning I would need to go into each klip and reorder the over ride colours chart to chart, I have up to 30 charts where I need consistent label colouring.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Logarithmic scale for the Y-axis

Would be nice to have the option to set a logarithmic scale for the Y-axis

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base