Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please Add "Change Data Source"

You Need to add a feature that should be really easy to implement.

Please Add "Change Data Source" to the "edit Klip"

So lets say I create a Klip Dashboard and I want to copy it and change the data source but keep everything else about that Klip the same.

(This is really beautiful for my company where I can upload the same formatting of different customers' data and the Klip I created finds how and where to input it to the same fields I made)

So the only way I know how to currently do what i want to…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your idea and all the votes. Great to have all your support behind improving Klipfolio.

Will look into this idea.

2. Allow for custom OAuth connector destinations

Many internet sources (such as Sharepoint) are capable of using OAuth tokens, can it be made that the user can set a custom OAuth destination as it is currently limited to a select few sources?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow connection with Bing Ads as a datasource.

We need to also track our performance and investment made into Bing, not only AdWords.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide list of Klips that use a data source

A Klip shows you what data source(s) it uses but not the other way around. Sometimes I'd like to change a data source but I need to know what Klips it might impact.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Datasource usage

In the datasource details, show which klips currently use this source.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This can be achieved now using the API (currently in beta). We are looking into exposing it in the UI in a future release.

7. Shared Connections for Data Sources

Currently connection details (host, port, username, password, url, etc) must be reentered for each datasource. Ideally we would be able to configure a connection once and then reference the connection in multiple data sources.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While not exactly as requested, there is now an option to duplicate a data source. When creating new data sources, the connection details will already be in the duplicated data source.

This should help when creating multiple data sources that need the same configuration info.

8. Append Data Sent Via Email

I want to be able to send data to you via email and have it parsed out and appended to similar data that was already sent.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Zero/empty Values

I would like a solution to substitute "no value" in a series. Example: You did some Google campaigns (CPC) in FEB-MARCH, but not in JAN & APR . Google API's from Analytics will show you all sources (Direct, referrering sites, Organic searc, paid search,...) ...but will not show a CPC source for JAN & APR...which wil screw up your bar charts. The workaround is complex (create a new source table with if/then to substitiute empty values with zero's)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Datasource Refresh Timing (or lack thereof)

The current method of doing refreshes just doesn't seem to be working in an acceptable way for our clients that don't keep Klipfolio open all day.

Currently, when you haven't logged in to Klipfolio for a while, when you first login, all of your data sources are out of date. Historically, these would refresh very quickly and you'd see the Klips flash and have an updated dashboard within a minute or two, but now these updates seem to take much longer. Sometimes it can take several hours for the data sources to refresh on a dashboard.

This timing isn't acceptable…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save datasource credentials (MySQL, Google Analytics ID, etc) as a token

I have to input my credentials (MySQL: database, username, password etc. Google Analytics: ID) again and again for every datasource I create. If these credentials would be saved in tokens that would be great. I would prefer it if they would be selectable and updatable, if the username changes for example. Keep up the great work! Mark

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While not exactly how you described it, we have introduced the ability to duplicate a data source. The duplicated data source will contain the configuration information of the original and simplify updating it to reflect your new query.

We’ll still keep an eye on improving this.

12. Would like the ability to duplicate datacources

We often want to reuse the core bits of an existing datasource. Would be handy if there were an option to duplicate a datasource in the same way that Klips can be duplicated.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. owncloud integration

it would be great to implement support for owncloud as a data source as an alternative to dropbos/google drive

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow grouping of data sources

It would be awesome if it was possible to group data sources. I have hundreds and it's a bit annoying having to search for specific ones. Being able to sort it by grouping would help a lot.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the input and the idea!

We have been looking into the possibility of enabling a folder structure or tagging mechanism to help with organizing all assets in Klipfolio – data sources, Klips, tabs, and such.

From the description, I believe this would meet your needs. Does that resonate with you?

Cheers,

Scott.

15. SSL Support for Postgres

Direct SQL connections currently support SSH tunneling but it doesn't support basic SSL connections.

Add support for SSL mode
    allow
    prefer
    require

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. suggestion to suppress headers from data source

many data sources give you a header row that you have to suppress using the SLICE function; this becomes very annoying and error sensitive after a while; please provide a standard switch in each data tab of the klip to be able to skip the first line when selecting a column; for known data sources like GA this switch should be ON by default (from now on) the switch may look like the switch on JSON data sources that let you choose for Simple or Xpath;

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a single view of multiple data sources

It would be awesome if we could create a single view of multiple related data sources. This way, we could create the view once and then be able to repeat its use as a single data source rather than having to use multiple data sources and lookup formulas in klips each time you want to relate the data.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea. We are exploring a way to do something like this. Keep watch for some updates as we focus on the Klip Editor in 2016.

18. Duration and time-of-day specification for datasource refreshes

It would be really useful to be able to specify both the duration (every 2 hours) and time-of-day (12h00) for refreshing a data source. This would limit the number of 'hits' to a database over a specified time frame.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to decompress zip file data sources

Currently KlipFolio cannot decompress data sources that are either uploaded, on a FTP or emailed into the platform in a .ZIP file format. With many reporting systems using zip file formats for compression (especially when sending via email) it is a vital feature to have.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. evaluate variables in parameters in data source

Variables like startdate={date.add(-60)} do not work in the parameters of a Web Accessable Data Source , however they do work in the URL part (you would expect the oher way around).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base