Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better PDF Look & Feel - Borders, font & font-weight possibly theming

Better PDF Look & Feel - Borders, font & font-weight possibly theming

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Klipfolio
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify Sounds

Notify Sound on Refresh

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Klip usage as a column in the Klip library

To make maintaining the Klip library easier I'd like to show the Klip usage as a column in the klip library. To find out how many times a klip is used or if it is unused I have to click into the klip and see the statistic. Managing klips would be easier if I could see this number as a column in the main library view. For example, I could identify unused klips faster and multi-select them instead of viewing each klip one by one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Account & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding Sort order in Bar Chart

Adding a sort order option in bar chart in order to sort higher values on bottom.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rodolfo
    *My previous suggestion was sent in Contact support option, my mistake!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow google map marker clustering in google map klips

I currently use a klip with an integrated google map, as laid out in the documentation.

I'd love to be able to cluster the markers in my map using the method described here below. I'm told it cannot currently be done this way.

https://googlemaps.github.io/js-marker-clusterer/docs/examples.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. time calculations smaller than days

I report on data that is tracked smaller than days.

We need to know messages a second or minute or hour.

All your date functions are for DAYS.

I would like COUNT_MINUTES or similar for current hour and difference ranges.

This could be solved for having date conversion to UNIXTIMESTAMP and then similar to this:
    SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - UNIX_TIMESTAMP(datetime_col)

The only way at the moment is to slice the data up and this is not very practical.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic Table Columns & Line Series

Allow Tables to have a dynamic number of columns based on the data set. In conjunction with "Use first values as column headers" this allows the user to plug in any data source prepared in a tabular format to a table and have it adjust automatically.

The same idea for Line graphs, a dynamic number of Line Series and Line Series Labels based on datasource first values (like the table feature) or Pivot on a particular column.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shortcut Links

Would be great to have additional navigation for quick links when generating new dashboards like this http://i.imgur.com/36jsvnP.png

In addition have the option to place 'favourite' links in the same place e.g. 'New Google Analytics Data Source'

This would save a lot of time and reduce your server load.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. User Add/Remove Usage Reporting

As a partner, it would be great if there was a way to report on users/seats that are added/removed from our client accounts for auditing purposes against invoices we receive, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Get detailed user login/usage data through the Klipfolio API

It would be great to be able to get data on the usage of dashboards/klips or User activity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integrate with Keen.io

Data Hero integrates with Keen.io but Klipfolio is better, take a look how Data Hero does this integration, could be very easy for you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Starting a Line Chart at X point 0

It would be nice to allow not only for the line on a line chart to start at point 0 on the x-axis.

Imagine this scenario: You want to display visually a timeline of something from its start to its finish. Obviously its creation occurs at Time 0, and everything that happens after that is Time 0+X. However there currently isn't a way to start a line, or indeed a point, at, using grid locations, point (0,0) or even (0,Y), where Y is any point on the Y axis.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Replace All Feature

I would like see the a Replace all feature for creating Klips. I'm away creating klip based on other klips. Most of the time I only need to change one variable, but this can become time consuming when that one variable is used 20 times. Replace all would simplify this process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add indicator to change data type of elements in columns / charts

If I want to toggle my table between integer values and percentage values with one decimal point (ex: # of widgets sold by location to % share of total widgets sold by location), right now I don't have an easy or perfect way to do that.

I think an indicator to change the data type of elements would be a very useful tool. I could set something like "if column1 < 1 AND column1 > 0 set datatype to percent with one decimal point."

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dynamic indexing for spreadsheets

Would be nice to be able to select a row/column of a spreadsheet based on another variable or a parameter instead of having to select it explicitily in the formula.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SET() once for a whole dashboard

It would be interesting to have the ability to use the SET() function once and refer to the value throughout all klips within a dashboard. For example, I'm referencing a maxDate variable several times in most of my klips. Actually, I have to enclose each of my formulas into a SET(...). I would imagine a dashboard configuration where we could have a list of "set variables for all klips in this dashboard" - any klips referencing that variable would use the given value by default unless overwritten.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. change size of labels in charts

Add the ability to change sizes of labels within klips (e.g. names of bars in x-axis in a bar chart)

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. temporary datasource

Klipfolio could enable temporary datasources, which the user could apply a function to augment or add news rows (in a smilar way as a table)

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide tabs when in display mode.

Please introduce the ability to hide tabs when in display mode. When playing to multiple TVs it makes sense to have certain information (tabs) on one TV as opposed to another with different information displayed but using one account.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Charts Hard cap Increase

I recently ran into a problem charting data, there is a hard cap on data points for charts of 1000. That hard cap is not enough for me to display all the data I need to display; this is after parsing down the data to exactly what I need to display. There isn't a way for me to break down or group my data up any more, and this isn't a one off scenario for me, the data I go through is large and extensive. I would appreciate an increase to this cap, as it is putting a severe limitation…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base