Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collaboration/Alerts tab on Klips

I think there should be a collaboration icon on each Klip where users could make comments/suggestions or ask questions about a Klip. Each Klip could have a designated owner or moderator to follow the discussion. I also think alerts should be set up by users on a klip if they wanted them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your idea.

Investigating the elements above the existing annotation functionality.

Cheers,

Scott.

2. Define value (text) colors when setting indicatiors

I have set indicators to color bars on graphs according performance (red, yellow, green). When the bar is red, the black text color is not visible enough. When setting the indicators, I would like to be able to define also the text color.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drill down for Pie Charts

I would like to be able to drill down in a Pie Chart. For example, in a pie chart of sales by a product category, instead of hiding a slice when clicked; drill down into sales by sub-category.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio notifications on conditional formatting/threshold reach

When using conditional formatting in addition to changing colours, icons etc I would like to be able to play back an audio notification. Perhaps this can also work when a value reaches a certain threshold.

This is useful in situations where a dashboard is being displayed on a TV screen on (near) real-time data.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep colours of area lines distinct when stacking them

I notice that area lines are semitransparent, so that a blue and red line with almost the same value (say 3 and 3.2) will have a purple area from 3.0 and below. I find this is fine.

But when I stack them, I want to be able to see blue from 0 to 3.0 and red from 3.0 to 6.2. At the moment, the colours still blend, so that whichever graph is on top of the stack (listed 2nd as a series) affects the colours of the area lines below it.

If you look at a stacked bars, the colours…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Michael,

Can you can you send in an example of what you are experiencing and some information about your environment (including the browser and version you are using)?

The colours should remain distinct. I just tried this and saw the colours as distinct.

Thanks.

6. Line graphs: Set Y-axis decimal places independently for series and axis labels

For line/bar graphs, I have lines I want to display with 3 decimal points, so I set Y-axis properties to be 3. But while I have values of 3.224 or similar on the line series, the Y-axis display on the left is labelled 1.000, 2.000, 3.000, 4.000 when 1,2,3,4 would do.

I have tried ROUND and NUMBERFORMAT options and that doesn't work. The values are on line and on the axis label are either both 0 decimal places, or both 3 decimal places.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add colored border to layout grid.

It would be great to have the option to have layout grids with borders with custom colors and thickness in order to group different components visually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

When we introduced the Layout Grid component, we also introduced the Separator component. In the short term, you should be able to use the separator component to add coloured lines of different thickness in Layout Grid components (putting it in cells that span rows or columns, and changing the width of cells to avoid the lines taking up lots of space.)

That said, will review this option as well.

8. Event driven alerting by email

Many BI tools are expanding their alerting features. The idea is for business users to look at a dashboard/report when a particular alert condition is reached (e.g. Sales trajectory too low to meet targets at the end of the month), instead of all the time. It would be great if, when an alert condition is reached in a particular klip (e.g. no leads received in a particular channel in 24 hours), it could also set a variable that could trigger an email to, say IT (check if API is down). I think all the features already exist, just a new…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Organize Klips

It would be real good if we have a way to organize klips.

So, situation is, we have several projects; and each project uses several klips. I'm sure there're lots of users with similar situations.

It's going to be easier for the end user if we have the ability to create new folders in the library for each project, and place the klips which each specific project uses, into its own folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add timezone setting to configuration

We are western European based, but can't change the timezone of our account (EDT by default). So now we constantly have to add 6 hours to check update times.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better management of multiple tabs (drilldown?)

Need a better way to manage lots of tabs. When it gets to 10+ it starts to be unwieldly.

In particular, we have a lot of tabs that are detail of higher level summaries. Like there's a main dashboard with the KPIs, but then we have an entire additional tab with more detail and much deeper data.

It would be nice if the detail tabs were somehow accessed by drilling down from the main tab or otherwise able to be hidden away when you first hit your dashboard.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under review. We’ve looked at a number of options as to how to enhance how users can work with many tabs. As Mr. Biswas mentions, there is the ability to use links to set up a structure of links between dashboards to open a new dashboard on your screen or replace the dashboard you are viewing with another one.

12. full screen (TV) mode: different settings per Tab

It would be nice to be able to change the time for each tab. I know in the profile you can set a new time for all tabs but I want different settings for each tab.

For example some Tabs have a number of rows in a table which require at least 20 seconds to review while other tabs only need 8-10 seconds.

This could be added to the "About this tab" in the Library section.
    Just an idea.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add checkboxes, radio buttons and multiple select lists to the user controls

to make dashboards more interactive it would be great to have more control types like:
    - check boxes
    - radio button groups
    - select lists with multiple select possibilities

thanx in advance and keep up the good work!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It's common practice when looking at lists of info to be able to have the rows alternate in colours. Some of our Klips have lists of up to

It's common practice when looking at lists of info to be able to have the rows alternate in colours. Some of our Klips have lists of up to 30 things, and those lists are difficult to process sometimes, and it's been requested to set row colours. This isn't possible in KlipFolio, but would make Table Klips much more useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is there any feature that allows me to send alerts or notifications

So I can alert or send notification by email or SMS to my co-workers when some levels are reached. I want to PUSH the data to the co-workers

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Peter Matthews responded

We’re looking at a feature that would let users set up actions when conditions are met.

16. suggestion to suppress headers from data source

many data sources give you a header row that you have to suppress using the SLICE function; this becomes very annoying and error sensitive after a while; please provide a standard switch in each data tab of the klip to be able to skip the first line when selecting a column; for known data sources like GA this switch should be ON by default (from now on) the switch may look like the switch on JSON data sources that let you choose for Simple or Xpath;

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use variables in series label

Variables can be used to change the title of a klip dynamically. It would be great if the series label could also use variables. For example "{country} Revenue"

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Formulas & Component Properties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. hide series on start

the feature that series are hidden when you click on its legenda item is really great; this makes it possiible to focus on only part of the data a klip is presenting and have the sacling adjsuted to only those values;
    also it makes complex graphs more readable; however you can not hide series by default and let the user click to have them appear; would be an easy and very welcome setting to let series be hidden until clicked on to be shown

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shared Connections for Data Sources

Currently connection details (host, port, username, password, url, etc) must be reentered for each datasource. Ideally we would be able to configure a connection once and then reference the connection in multiple data sources.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While not exactly as requested, there is now an option to duplicate a data source. When creating new data sources, the connection details will already be in the duplicated data source.

This should help when creating multiple data sources that need the same configuration info.

20. allow klip headers to be hidden

some of the best looking dashboards keep things to a minimum - it would be great to have just the data showing and be able to hide extraneous information like the klip header.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base