Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. full screen (TV) mode: different settings per Tab

It would be nice to be able to change the time for each tab. I know in the profile you can set a new time for all tabs but I want different settings for each tab.

For example some Tabs have a number of rows in a table which require at least 20 seconds to review while other tabs only need 8-10 seconds.

This could be added to the "About this tab" in the Library section.
    Just an idea.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Klipfolio
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It's common practice when looking at lists of info to be able to have the rows alternate in colours. Some of our Klips have lists of up to

It's common practice when looking at lists of info to be able to have the rows alternate in colours. Some of our Klips have lists of up to 30 things, and those lists are difficult to process sometimes, and it's been requested to set row colours. This isn't possible in KlipFolio, but would make Table Klips much more useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Period highlighting or gridlines

We use a lot of linegraphs, on a daily aggregation looking at 12 months of data.

We'd love to use Gridlines, or some sort of non-invasive visualization to show when a Month starts. The gridlines would snap to the X axis values and display one gridline at every 1st day of each month.

Would be great to have Week/Quarter/Yearly options too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Intelligent pie chart slice colour based on specified label values

It would be great to assign slice colours to specific label values on pie charts to enable consistent label colours over different charts. Currently I can only colour based on descending/ascending order or over ride the slice colours which involves no intelligence towards labels. The trouble with this is that labels shift in order from month to month meaning I would need to go into each klip and reorder the over ride colours chart to chart, I have up to 30 charts where I need consistent label colouring.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set default currency and separators

Add a setting to set the default currency to, for example, Euro's.

Adding a setting to set the default separator will also save us a lot of time when building klips.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display the time that the klip data was last updated, in a more prominent/visible area

rather than going to the list of klips to see the updated time, display it inside the klip somewhere. this could be very helpful for data sources that are not on a schedule.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. dynamic series names in bar charts

It would be nice to have dynamically named series.. for example, if we do a stacked bar of the top 10 whatevers, those series names in the should change automatically. At the moment we have to link it to a table and put the names in the table and its all a bit difficult (and ugly).

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add label options to sparklines

Having an extra label on a sparkline could be very helpful, especially when data goes back 30 or 60 days. It would be nice to hover over the value and see what the date was for that value.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. hide series on start

the feature that series are hidden when you click on its legenda item is really great; this makes it possiible to focus on only part of the data a klip is presenting and have the sacling adjsuted to only those values;
    also it makes complex graphs more readable; however you can not hide series by default and let the user click to have them appear; would be an easy and very welcome setting to let series be hidden until clicked on to be shown

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Social Media-style tagging within annotations

Adding social media-style tagging to annotations down to the user level would enhance the user experience. Since each user has an email address, you could capture a mobile phone as well so that users could receive email/txt alerts when tagged in a Klip!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Using a Klip value result as a REF or as a Variable value

I think it would be great to be able to to use the result value of a klip as a reference or to be able to make the value result assign its value to a variable.

This would come in handy if you would want to combine results of a larger number of klips without having to make a formula that is longer than an A4 sheet of paper by combining them, or by having one giant multi-klip.

It would just make a nice clean calculation once the initial klip is built.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. pie chart zoom in on smaller pieces of the pie

When you click in the legenda on a series in a line chart, the series is switched off so you can better see the sizes of the other series. However when you do the same in a pie chart, it only becomes blanc and all other pieces of the pie stay wher they are. Wouldnt it be a great feature to be able to zoom in on the smaller pieces by temporarily removing the parts that you switched off ?

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Font & color features for axes etc. would be great !

What we offen want to do is make the left and right axes the same colors as the corresponding series.
    More font sizes and bold/italic settings may be good to adjust to different kind of data and to avoid "text crashes" here.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a label to a klip

I need a better and faster way to add a formula or free-text label to a klip. This could be used to a note, subtitle, auto refresh date based on data, drill-down section etc.

Currently the only way is to create a new klip and then combine klips using the multi klip build:

http://klipfolio.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/51425-how-to-build-multi-component-klips

I am certain others would agree this is necessary. Vote!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adjust gauge width

It would be great of you could add a slider or field to allow users to adjust the gauge thickness. I think the default gauge width is too thick. I would love to be able to set it much thinner. This would allow more space for the value label etc.

I should also be able to adjust the pin/needle width and length.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customer number of values to klips, e.g. gauges

It would be great if we could add additional values to klips, for instance gauges. Theoretically it should be up to the users how many values the klips should show.

Use case: The need to display both the budgeted margin for the year (target), current margin (current) and projected margin (new value) on the same gauge.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. let indicators also work on the "move over dots" and/or line segments

i could nog get my indicators to work until i found out they only work when you choose a dotted line type for a chart; why do the dots that you see when you move over your mouse not behave according to the indicator settings ? and if you don't want static dots, why can't you choose to have the line segments colored accoring to the indicator settings ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow column headers to wrap in table view

allow column headers to wrap by default in table view.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Additional User Input Control

I would like to see more presentation friendly user input control schemes. Right now there is the drop down list, a date picker, and a text form, but what I really want to see is:

Apples / Oranges / Pears

The selected option can be bolded/underlined to distinguish what is selected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Click or hover over to zoom

The ability to hover over or click on a Klip so that it expands to occupy the full screen temporarily.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base