Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drilldown Columns should allow Grouped Descriptions

When configuring Drilldowns and "Configuring other columns at this level", the options in the next screen are to HIde, Count, or Count Distinct, for the field I'm wanting to TOP.

In this instance, I'm trying to display the name of a company a project belongs to, with the sub-tasks rolled up using a drilldown, though I can't populate all the blank columns without it being some numerical operation.

I need to display text. TOP Solves this in SQL, because the field in question is identical based on the grouping of the project drill down field.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Event driven alerting by email

Many BI tools are expanding their alerting features. The idea is for business users to look at a dashboard/report when a particular alert condition is reached (e.g. Sales trajectory too low to meet targets at the end of the month), instead of all the time. It would be great if, when an alert condition is reached in a particular klip (e.g. no leads received in a particular channel in 24 hours), it could also set a variable that could trigger an email to, say IT (check if API is down). I think all the features already exist, just a new…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text on X-axis of scatter/bubble-chart

It would be nice if it was possible to put text on the X-axis of a scatter/bubble chart. Several series can be compared that way based on two different metrics (Y-axis and size of the bubble) over different regions/periods/products etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drill down automatically give each value's percent of whole.

Have the drill down feature automatically report each value's percent of whole. Similar to the setting for column and area charts to display each value as a portion of 100% versus absolute values.

For example, if I have a drilldown of sales by Country, then State, then County, then City: at each level it would be good to know each particular entity's percentage of the whole. At the top level that is already easy enough, divide each Country's sales by the sum of all sales.

But at the Country level what percentage of sales to the United States came from…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto complete for text input boxes

When typing in text in a text input box, it would be great for the word to auto-complete based on data in the data source (perhaps leveraging data for a specified column), particularly for multi-component Klips where the user-input is at Klip scope.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto-drilldown when only one row at current level, but multiple rows at the next level.

Auto-drilldown when only one row at current level but multiple rows at the next level.

Older versions of Klipfolio supported this already (http://developer.klipfolio.com/developer/cookbook_item/item-35). The idea is that if one is mid-way into a drill-down path, and the current level has only one row displayed, why not just auto-drilldown into the next lower level? This could be an option. Likewise, when moving 'back' up to higher levels there is no need to stop at a level that has just one row.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Organize Klips

It would be real good if we have a way to organize klips.

So, situation is, we have several projects; and each project uses several klips. I'm sure there're lots of users with similar situations.

It's going to be easier for the end user if we have the ability to create new folders in the library for each project, and place the klips which each specific project uses, into its own folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enlarge/maximize capability for charts

It would help to be able to place smaller items in a dashboard and then be able to click on that klip to maximize/re-minimize it. Alternatively/additionally, it would help to be able to put a hyperlink in a table that links to a full screen chart when you click the link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display the labels in a bubble chart without having to pass the mouse through the points

This would be very useful specially when bubbles represent groups of observations from the same variable. Currently it is possible to know each category by passing the mouse through the bubbles. However, it is troublesome for someone who doesn't know how (or doesn't want to) explore the chart and just want to have all the information at a glance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding various data sources at a time, add tooltips

When adding data sources to a klip, I would like to have the possibility to add various data sources at a time, which could be done for example by adding check boxes to the data source selection windows.

It would be also be very helpful to add tooltips to the data source selection window (the one that opens when I add data sources to a klip). When data sources have very long names, it is difficult to distinguish between them without seeing the whole name.
    When I use the library, I can see the tooltips, but when I open the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Actively calculate percentages with Pie Charts

As well as the option to show the values tied to the data making the Pie chart, option to also show the percentage. And update when toggling data on and off. At the moment there is no option to simply choose show percentages.

As Klipfolio already draws a pie chart and actively updates/redraws pie charts when toggling data it could use the same info to add the percentages and update the percentages when toggling data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Audible Alert Klip

Having Klips that can be used for audible alerts when certain criteria is met.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add different languages

Basically I want to see the web page in a different language.

Actually If you there any interest in this feature. I can help with the with the translation for spanish

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multi-level table sort

I would love to be able to sort tables on multible levels, for example:

Column B Ascending and then
    Column A Descending

In the Datatables Jquery plugin (http://datatables.net/) (for an illustration of my point) this is achieved by holding the [SHIFT] key while adding additional sorting columns.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Logarithmic scale for the Y-axis

Would be nice to have the option to set a logarithmic scale for the Y-axis

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Populate variable from Dashboard url

We have many-to-many relation between datasources. In our case:
    1. Apartments
    2. Applicants
    3. Interests (These are created when an applicant showns interest in an apartment. It contains the id of both (1) and (2).

We have our "Interests" objects in a Drill down table by date. At the bottom, the specific interests are listed (which we go through each day).

Request: Let say we on this level add a url from the registration to the dashboard but with a parameter of the apartment and the applicant inside which can be read by a variable. Then two other tables could…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Klip Mobile Settings

I'd like to be able to set a couple of different properties for displaying a klip on a mobile device. The first is sort order, and would allow me to change a tabs layout between mobile and desktop. The second is a show/hide on mobile check box which would allow me to completely remove klips that don't display well on a mobile device.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "Today" link to date picker user input control

Add a simple "Today" link next to the date in the user input control, so the user doesn't have to open the date input and navigate to today. Saves a click for almost everyone that uses the control, and is particularly useful when a user loads the dashboard for the first time and the control defaults to something like Jan 1, 1969.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be great if we could have a sound or a video when we hit a target on the Klip....

It would make success more motivational and noticeable if you could add animations, sounds and pictures when a target is reached....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base