Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Starting a Line Chart at X point 0

It would be nice to allow not only for the line on a line chart to start at point 0 on the x-axis.

Imagine this scenario: You want to display visually a timeline of something from its start to its finish. Obviously its creation occurs at Time 0, and everything that happens after that is Time 0+X. However there currently isn't a way to start a line, or indeed a point, at, using grid locations, point (0,0) or even (0,Y), where Y is any point on the Y axis.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Klip Component Capabilities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replace All Feature

I would like see the a Replace all feature for creating Klips. I'm away creating klip based on other klips. Most of the time I only need to change one variable, but this can become time consuming when that one variable is used 20 times. Replace all would simplify this process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add indicator to change data type of elements in columns / charts

If I want to toggle my table between integer values and percentage values with one decimal point (ex: # of widgets sold by location to % share of total widgets sold by location), right now I don't have an easy or perfect way to do that.

I think an indicator to change the data type of elements would be a very useful tool. I could set something like "if column1 < 1 AND column1 > 0 set datatype to percent with one decimal point."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Charts Hard cap Increase

I recently ran into a problem charting data, there is a hard cap on data points for charts of 1000. That hard cap is not enough for me to display all the data I need to display; this is after parsing down the data to exactly what I need to display. There isn't a way for me to break down or group my data up any more, and this isn't a one off scenario for me, the data I go through is large and extensive. I would appreciate an increase to this cap, as it is putting a severe limitation…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Issue with 'CSV' export from a 'drill-down' klip..

When a 'drilled-down' klip is exported as a 'CSV' file, it exports the entire data set and not just the klip that is being displayed on the screen. The 'PDF' export works properly as it creates the PDF file for the data that is being displayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. JSON Broken; Can't generate set of displays from list

JSON individual value addressing is completely broken, AFAICT.

Switched to CSV, then realized you guys have no way of generating (in my case) Gauges for each item in a list. Also I don't see how you can use formulas (you can't?) in determining indicators, which makes the indicators basically useless for us.

I had high hopes, they're waning. As it is now, it would take us *less* time just to map JSON to some standard D3 components and just build what we need ourselves.

Am I missing something?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. User Input Controls: Re-apply defaults when users log-in

Provide an option to have User Input Control default values re-applied every time a user logs in (not just the first time). e.g. re-set a monthly roll applied to charts to 3 monthly when users sign back in.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Zoom for Sparkline

Klipfolio offers the possibility to zoom on a series chart. I think it would be really useful to have a similar feature for Sparkline as well. The best would be to select a certain area of the Sparkline to zoom and have the number value (as sum, average, ecc...) to be recalculated on the dates selected in the zoom.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow for drilldown on field types other than text

Currently, drill downs only work for text fields. The next step as I see it would be to allow drilldowns for date and then current fields. This would let people create financial models reports where cashflows can be broken down into components.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drill down for Pie Charts

I would like to be able to drill down in a Pie Chart. For example, in a pie chart of sales by a product category, instead of hiding a slice when clicked; drill down into sales by sub-category.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Group Series together for Stack Bars

I would like to be able to make groups of series in a bar chart so when I stack the bars there are 2 or more stacks in the same time period. The stacks being made up of different series that I choose.

There would be another option in Stack bars called Stack Groups.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow tick marks and grid lines for labeled points only

For line/bar and scatter charts, you've got great settings for dropping labels when there are too many. How about allowing that same setting to apply to tick marks and grid lines? As it is, it's all or nothing, which can make for a much too busy chart.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the titles of the componenets to be editable in Bullet Charts

Allow the titles of "Performance" "Target" and "Range" to be editable to user inputted titles

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow preview of theme while editing a Klip

While editing a Klip, only the light theme is displayed, but we use the dark theme on our main dashboard. The only way to tell what colors will ACTUALLY be used is to save the klip and go to the main dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Weighted averages in drill-down table

Hi there,

To my knowledge it is not possible to have weighted averages in a drill-down table, that is, I have two columns in my drill-down table and a third column which equals the ratio of the two previous columns. When I drill down the third column can only be summed or averaged by the drill-down structure instead of a weighted average. A solution I thought of was creating another table next to the drill-down table and reference to the two columns to get a weighted average. However, the reference of a drilled-down column equals its non-drill-downed version, so that…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability to set a scale for the Z axis for bubble charts

Currently, bubble chart size is solely relative to all other values currently being displayed, meaning that as the numbers of other values change the size will always change.
    I would like to be able to control and limit the size of the bubbles. Specifically, if I could set value thresholds for various size bubbles (100% size is greater than 100, 50% size is less than 25, etc). that would give me control. Alternately, at least being able to set the value threshold for at least 1% (min) and 100% (max) would be a good start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Date/Time for X axis in bubble chart

Currently, I cannot specify Date/Time for the X axis in a bubble chart like I can for a bar or line chart. Since I am often charted time based data, please allow me to do this for bubble charts so I can show the date/time correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Spawning multiple tabs with a hyperlink

There may be users with multiple branches, or even multiple clients that measure slightly different metrics, different enough to not dynamically change klips.

Currently you can have a list of hyperlinks with the different clients/divisions listed, that when clicked, it will spawn a new tab relevant to that client/division. But what if each client/division has multiple tabs specific to them?

It would be great to be able to click on division A and for example, 3 relevant tabs spawn. Then when I click in division B, Division A's 3 tabs get replaced by division B's relevant tabs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base