Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data sources - update frequency

Some of the data sources I access have restrictions on the number of connections that can be made within 24hrs, which means I can't update Klips using these sources as frequently as I would like.

I would like to be able to setup frequent updates for a limited time period during the day ie. working hours. There is no need for any updates out of working hours. This would give me frequent data updates without breaching any restrictions. We would need to be able to set the time zone for this - I'm in the UK!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access to annotations data

The ability to directly access the annotation database and use this as a source to generate additional Klips.

Ideally would be able to generate Klips with:

- date annotation made
    - Klip name/id
    - name of contributor
    - annotation text
    - control variables active when the annotation was made

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Quicker way of switching data source from uploaded file to Dropbox/FTP

Currently the process is ...

"In the Klip you want to change the data source for, you can add the new data source file by selecting the Add Data Source link located at the bottom of the screen within the Klip editor of that Klip.
    You will then need to reselect the column references in any exiting formulas that reference the old data source to point to the new data source.

When these have been changed, you can delete the old data source file using the X (top right)".

I often upload a file to get demo up an running…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Data Source visibility in Klips tab of Library

It would be great if we could see the data sources use on each Klip in the Klips tab list view. As many users have to refresh data sources, it's difficult to remember which sources are driving which Klips without drilling into each Klip. Making the sources visible would allow users to easily identify and prioritize which Klips have the most sources or need to be updated first.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to change the oauth token used for bulk selection of data sources

I have about 40 Facebook data sources. I'm currently having to update the oauth token in all of the sources because some permissions had to change with our FB admins.

It would be great if there were a way to change the oauth token used for those data sources, all at once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to assign group name (or Tags) to data source

That way we can view all related data sources without having to search for each one. This is especially useful if you have to update several related data sources (i.e. suppose you have a FTP directory change for 10 files that are used as individual data sources. If you have 100 or so total data sources it can take a while to find the ones you need).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. suggestion to suppress headers from data source

many data sources give you a header row that you have to suppress using the SLICE function; this becomes very annoying and error sensitive after a while; please provide a standard switch in each data tab of the klip to be able to skip the first line when selecting a column; for known data sources like GA this switch should be ON by default (from now on) the switch may look like the switch on JSON data sources that let you choose for Simple or Xpath;

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to decompress zip file data sources

Currently KlipFolio cannot decompress data sources that are either uploaded, on a FTP or emailed into the platform in a .ZIP file format. With many reporting systems using zip file formats for compression (especially when sending via email) it is a vital feature to have.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow a pdf to be shown in a Klip

It would be useful to have a pdf as a data source for display in a Klip

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. evaluate variables in parameters in data source

Variables like startdate={date.add(-60)} do not work in the parameters of a Web Accessable Data Source , however they do work in the URL part (you would expect the oher way around).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. call dashboard from Google Maps API

I need to call the parameterized dashboard from a selection on Google Maps. Is it possible? Is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow multiple queries in data sources

It would be great to be able to use the response to a first request sent from a data source in subsequent requests. This is because APIs of real-world data sources often assume iterative requests. Example:

1. Call 'GetListofThings' -> response = list of IDs of all things
    2. Call (in a loop) 'GetDetailsOnId(iD)'

Currently only two requests are possible: an authentication one and one to retrieve the data itself.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save datasource credentials (MySQL, Google Analytics ID, etc) as a token

I have to input my credentials (MySQL: database, username, password etc. Google Analytics: ID) again and again for every datasource I create. If these credentials would be saved in tokens that would be great. I would prefer it if they would be selectable and updatable, if the username changes for example. Keep up the great work! Mark

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While not exactly how you described it, we have introduced the ability to duplicate a data source. The duplicated data source will contain the configuration information of the original and simplify updating it to reflect your new query.

We’ll still keep an eye on improving this.

16. Connect to Outlook or Email Client as Data Source

To Count InBox
    To Count Outbox
    To Count In (Date Range i.e. Today, Month, Year)
    To Count Marked for Follow up (Date Range as above) I.e. 3 Followups to Allan W this Week
    To Count Top From Address i.e. 1234 Emails from Allan W this year

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Zero/empty Values

I would like a solution to substitute "no value" in a series. Example: You did some Google campaigns (CPC) in FEB-MARCH, but not in JAN & APR . Google API's from Analytics will show you all sources (Direct, referrering sites, Organic searc, paid search,...) ...but will not show a CPC source for JAN & APR...which wil screw up your bar charts. The workaround is complex (create a new source table with if/then to substitiute empty values with zero's)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Schedule Data Source Update Time

We host many client databases on a single SQL server, and we have multiple data sources pointing to each of those databases.

It would be nice to be able to schedule the time when the data sources update, to make sure that they're not all hitting the database server at the same time, and especially not in the middle of the day.

I would like to be able to stagger the times for each of our clients' data sources, and set them to update after business hours. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add API Token as authentication option for Push API

It would be nice to be able to generate an API token in the account screen, then be able to use that token for authentication with the push API. With the current requirement to use HTTP Basic Auth, we end up with usernames and passwords scattered out among several different systems that push data.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Synchronise data source updates to keep data consistent in the dashboard

I currently have a dashboard which includes klips based on a total of 12 data sources (it works like this so I can dynamically assign the data source to display data for a specific item).

I have an issue in that when the source Google Apps spreadhseet is updated, it takes up to 30 minutes (the refresh frequency I use) for all the data sources to update.

The impact of this is that for these 30 or so minutes, the klips present different data depending on whether a klip's data source has been updated, or is still waiting to update.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base