Klipfolio Ideas

Share ideas and vote on new features for the cloud version of Klipfolio. Please note: You only have 10 votes per forum; so use them wisely!

I have an idea:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a copy of an existing dashboard

It can be useful to provide someone edit access to a dashboard, but I'd love to have a backup just in case they screw something up and want to go back to the starting point.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter My Dashboard with tags or categories

This one is for those that use a lot of Dashboard tabs. If you have more 20 for example you cannot see the full name of the your Dashboard. So it would be great to have some kind of filter or a sub/child menu with the dashboard. As a result less dashboard tabs, thus more organize.

Take for example how Wordpress websites use the menu tab.

Imagine is would look like that. first line will show and if you scroll it would show the other dashboards
    Facebook Dashboards | Twitter Dashboards | Sales Dashboards
    Facebook Page 1 | Twitter account…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Recycle bin for deleted items

It would be great if we could have a 14-day day grace period after we've deleted something to recover the item(s).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better PDF Look & Feel - Borders, font & font-weight possibly theming

Better PDF Look & Feel - Borders, font & font-weight possibly theming

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide tabs when in display mode.

Please introduce the ability to hide tabs when in display mode. When playing to multiple TVs it makes sense to have certain information (tabs) on one TV as opposed to another with different information displayed but using one account.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More font sizes

It would be great if we can have more font size choices.

At the moment, there is a huge difference between small and medium. Maybe numerical font sizes would be good!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export PDF as text content, not image

Currently, all PDF reports are exported by saving the klips as images, then saving the whole thing as a PDF. This leads to several disadvantages:

1. Non-selectable text: It would be useful to select certain text from the PDF, especially in situations where that PDF would be sent as a report to a client, project manager, etc.

2. Non-clickable links: This is also important, especially for online marketing-related reports which can contain results in the form of links (such as websites where the brand was mentioned).

3. Multi-page klips breaking text: While the download PDF feature offers an option to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow multiple klips to be added to dashboard from the gallery

Liking the new gallery popup window, much easier to browse klips.

However, adding multiple klips to a dashboard now requires repeating the steps for each klip as the popup auto-dismisses after any klip's '+' button is clicked.

The previous version's 'revealed' window allowed multiple klips to be added to the dashboard in one step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Collaboration/Alerts tab on Klips

I think there should be a collaboration icon on each Klip where users could make comments/suggestions or ask questions about a Klip. Each Klip could have a designated owner or moderator to follow the discussion. I also think alerts should be set up by users on a klip if they wanted them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your idea.

Investigating the elements above the existing annotation functionality.

Cheers,

Scott.

10. I'd really like to see a "shim" of some sort added to the Klipfolio layout editor.

I use the custom layout on tabs quite frequently, but have trouble doing exactly what I want when the klips "snap to the top". I'd love to be able to put a transparent shim in place to act as a spacer on the page.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Audio notifications on conditional formatting/threshold reach

When using conditional formatting in addition to changing colours, icons etc I would like to be able to play back an audio notification. Perhaps this can also work when a value reaches a certain threshold.

This is useful in situations where a dashboard is being displayed on a TV screen on (near) real-time data.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can custom CSS themes also be used when exporting dashboards as PDF's?

When I have a dashboard which is also used as a printable report and which incorporates CSS, I would like the CSS adjustments to be visible when I export the dashboard as a PDF. Is this possible?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow "swipe" gesture to navigate between tabs in full screen mode

It would be nice to allow for users to "swipe" on mouse pad or on screen to navigate between tabs when in full screen. The keyboard shortcut is convenient; however we are trying to minimize peripherals attached to our wall displays.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide "Refresh Data Source" option for a klip from the Dashboard screen

From My Dashboard, it would be SUPER useful to be able to click on the settings icon (gear) for a Klip and have a "Refresh data source" option, along with edit, share, etc.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Please wait" symbol while waiting for data

There can be a significant delay before charts / tables are updated after a user input selection. Right now there is no indication that an update is in progress and users will (re)select again and again until something happens.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Annotation inside a table

Like we insert an Annotation on a Klip would be nice to insert annotations inside a table klip. For example, i have a 4 column x 4 rows table, and i want to add a comment in a number on the third row to explain that the number its allready being analysed for the responsible team. The same way we insert comments on a cell on Excel.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Down Vote

We need a down voting button in the dashboard ideas section, so we can shoot crazy ideas down right away before they clutter up this space.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More visually customizable dashboard/klips

I would like to have more options in building dashboards and klips. Remove borders, choose custom colours, fonts and move klips freely around the dashboard, adding pictures, change fonts, etc. I believe this would make klipfolio an even better tool for making powerful and LIVE infographics-dashboards. http://hyperakt.com/files/Project/264_1304718516.jpg - I would love making these kind of dashboards.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better management of multiple tabs (drilldown?)

Need a better way to manage lots of tabs. When it gets to 10+ it starts to be unwieldly.

In particular, we have a lot of tabs that are detail of higher level summaries. Like there's a main dashboard with the KPIs, but then we have an entire additional tab with more detail and much deeper data.

It would be nice if the detail tabs were somehow accessed by drilling down from the main tab or otherwise able to be hidden away when you first hit your dashboard.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under review. We’ve looked at a number of options as to how to enhance how users can work with many tabs. As Mr. Biswas mentions, there is the ability to use links to set up a structure of links between dashboards to open a new dashboard on your screen or replace the dashboard you are viewing with another one.

20. TV Mode: Hide copyright, Klipfolio footer

If you select to go to TV mode and hide the header completely - it would be nice if the footer also was automatically hidden.

It is a little distracting with the Copyright text, terms link and klipfolio icon in my opinion when you are displaying just the full screen TV mode.

Just an idea.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base